Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
00 E430 Sport, 04 E500 4matic Sport
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my mirror switch is broken, so I have to replace the whole control panel around the gear shifter(window switches, trunk release, child lockout & mirror control) PN# 210-821-39-59. I just bought the switch on ebay for $50 + $8 shipping, stealership wanted $300+. Does anyone have exact directions to remove the trim around the gear shifter? Does it just pop off? I believe once I have the wood plate off the control panel just snaps off and then I just have to pop in the new one. I want to make sure that I don't break anything, which would mean more money and defeat the whole DYI purpose! Thanks in advance, Scott.

·
Registered
1998 E320
50 Posts
You'll find the directions by doing a search at this forum. It's been detailed by some guys already.
good luck.

·
Registered
SLK320, MKV Jetta TDI, Mini Cooper S, Lincoln Mark LT
1,712 Posts
Just open the cup holder and pull up on the bottom edge of the wood trim around the shifter. The plastic square around the shifter will pop up. Remove that and lift the wood piece off and unplug the wires going to the switches. The switch assembly has 2 rails the hold it to the wood. Snap them down and take the old switch module off.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot for your help, The switch panel should be here by tomorrow, so I'll install it then and post my results. Thanks again!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replaced the switch today, everything works fine now. THANKS FOR THE INFO!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts