Registered
1988 190E, 1993 300SE
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1987 560SL - 1994 S420 - 2005 S55 AMG
341 Posts
I know on mine you remove the mirror by removing the cover plate inside the car, opposit the mirror, then remove fasteners.

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
7,218 Posts
His mirror is a post facelift one - please keep this thread updated because as of a few days ago I need a new mirror glass :(

It was a great present to find a busted mirror coming out of the office!

·
Registered
1988 190E, 1993 300SE
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhhh so noone has got any info on it? Would be really appreciated

What size rims you got "nzbenz"?? They staggered?

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Ahhhh so noone has got any info on it? Would be really appreciated

What size rims you got "nzbenz"?? They staggered?
They are 18' ones. I've actually gone to 16' wheels because the roads in central Auckland are so rough, I'm getting a much better ride now. That and I curbed one of them very badly, they're about to go up on Trademe whenever I get round to it next.

·
Registered
1988 190E, 1993 300SE
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah i seen some on trademe 17s though asking $700 for them.

How much you looking to sell them for?

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Oh yeah i seen some on trademe 17s though asking $700 for them.

How much you looking to sell them for?
I would only advise buying them if you can machine them and get them refinished. The PO of my car obviously thought that brake dust was good for wheels, so the front two are suffering a bit. The chrome lip is OK though.

They will most likely be $1 reserve as my girlfriend is annoyed that they're taking up the spare room in the apartment.

In happier news my mirror glass just landed on my desk at work - anyone know if you can replace the glass without removing the whole mirror?

·
Registered
1988 190E, 1993 300SE
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let me know when you chuck them on trademe.

How much did that mirror glass set you back? you can sort of pop it back in but i dont think you will be able to get the full function of it cause it need to slip into those lil balls that move the mirror will have a play with mine and let you know.

·
Registered
'84 300DT, '97 S320
682 Posts
NZ Benz: I think you meant alex b, like you, have a pre-facelift mirror, not post. Since you have the mirror, you know what the back looks like. But for others here's a picture of the back of a '93 left mirror. It looks like it just presses onto the two motor points and a central point, with the metal spring clips keeping everything in place. Knowing that parts could be brittle, though, you might not want to just try pulling outward on it. But it looks possible. If you can get it all out of the housing you could press the clips out of position. Sorry my recent post on post-facelift mirror replacement won't help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1988 190E, 1993 300SE
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah you can pop it back in, but the hard part is just getting the ball things into the sockets on the mirror cause they wont hold when you push on them since they are made to move you know?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts