Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350,C230Komp
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 C230 Kompressor and I would like to change the mirror blinker to the 2005 style.

Anyone done it before?

I don't seem to find any instruction in the user manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
alanchan - 4/7/2005 8:01 PM

I have a 2002 C230 Kompressor and I would like to change the mirror blinker to the 2005 style.

Anyone done it before?
Push the inner (body side) edge of the mirror into the frame so that when the cover slides out it doesnt jam up on the glass.

The frame shown is a folding frame. For normal frames you have to hold the mirror in the bent position.

Insert a screw driver into the notch provided and press on the metal clip (red circle) till it releases the cover. Be sure to check that the clip is reseated correctly afterwards or it may not retain the cover after modification. Sometime the clip get locked in the DOWN position and it is too low to catch the cover when it is pushed back on. Gently release it so that there is a slight raised edge in the metal clip.

DO NOT press on the clip by inserting a screwdriver between the frame and the cover.

The new blinkers are easy to fit but because they are new will need some gentle pressure to fit into place. Just look at how the old one unclips.

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
KompressorJon - 4/8/2005 12:08 PM

Nice work miroj I had to find out by my self when I put on my chrome covers.
Lucky for me I have several mirror frames left over from friends who did the folding upgrade. The one in the photo is getting ready to be installed some time in the near future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts