Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is likely to be advantageous for me to put the minimum down to lease an SLK 350. I will need to put my order in soon and was wondering if anyone knew the minimum that I might have to put down for a lease. I expect the capitialized cost to be around $56K plus taxes of three percent. My credit rating should enable favorable financing. Thanks for any help. I have never leased a car before.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
GernBlansten - 3/19/2005 9:46 PM

It is likely to be advantageous for me to put the minimum down to lease an SLK 350. I will need to put my order in soon and was wondering if anyone knew the minimum that I might have to put down for a lease. I expect the capitialized cost to be around $56K plus taxes of three percent. My credit rating should enable favorable financing. Thanks for any help. I have never leased a car before.
You can go to the MB website and build the car and then can figure financing options - either buying or leasing. The minimum I think MB will allow for downpayment on a lease is 10% of the purchase price.

·
Registered
SLK350 (apr 15)
673 Posts
They'll generally allow zero down. You'll wind up paying something like one month's lease payment, probably some other random stuff, maybe prepay the return fee. Ask your salesperson.

·
Registered
2005 slk 350
468 Posts
If you are going to lease, why put anything down? You can put $0 down on a lease. You put 0 down, but have pay for first month's payment, bank fee, etc. at inception. So you have to go into it with upwards of a couple of thousand, but theoretically nothing down. If the payment scares you, for every thousand you put down, you will reduce your payment by $ 20.00 to $30.00 per month depending on the length of your lease. However, in Pennsylvania,USA you have to pay nine percent lease tax even on the down payment, so $ 1000.00 down is really only $ 910.00. Not sure if that's done in other countries, but check it out. Lastly, check out private leasing companies, not just MB financing. I don't think MB offers the best rates. In the end, I went with MB because at the time, the difference between a private leasing company and MB was minmimal and it was easier.

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I wanted to have a little info under my belt before I spoke with the salesperson in the next few weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts