Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally went and did it. Four months into my 12 month wait for a CLK430 Cabriolet, an E55 became available out of a cancellation. After having read everything I can about it, plus all these very interesting posts (thanks for the responses on the gas guzzler tax and lack or rear seat pass-thru), I went down to the dealership and signed on the dotted line. The E55 is faster and more practical than the convertible (I must be getting old).<p>Had to get my corvette out winter storage, drove it a few hours last night in the snow, sleet, and muck of Detroit to charge it up and took it in tonight for a trade in eval. of course I got nowhere near what I wanted, but then you always get screwed on a trade-in. The dealer just wholesales it, so there's not much they can do. I didn't want to lose out on the E55, plus didn't want the hassle of selling myself.<p>Anyway, I'm taking deliver of my new baby tomorrow: Brilliant Silver, charcoal/Silver inside, with the CD changer and ventilated seats as the only option. At MSRP, with tax, the thing cost me more than my first house. They also gave me the CD changer 'at cost' to soften the blow of trade-in. $550 installed. (I asked for it free, but at least I got something)<p>I told my wife not to look at the sticker and she doesn't want to know.<p>I doubt I'll be able to sleep tonight. I plan to drive alot this weekend!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Congrats! Welcome to the club.

Good choice! for the money its actually a very good deal. The practicality factor is also a big plus! I hope you will enjoy it half as much as I do. Remember to take it out to the race track and run a few laps to really see what you've got.<p>Keep remembering these first few months. You will need to dig back to that euphoria and self-denial to justify the payments over the next few years. Eventually your wife will find out. -Yikes!<p>I just told her out right at the begining and through my 8 month wait she learned to cope.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Congrats! Welcome to the club.

: Good choice! for the money its actually a very good deal. The practicality factor is also a big plus! I hope you will enjoy it half as much as I do. Remember to take it out to the race track and run a few laps to really see what you've got.<p>Keep remembering these first few months. You will need to dig back to that euphoria and self-denial to justify the payments over the next few years. Eventually your wife will find out. -Yikes!<p>I just told her out right at the begining and through my 8 month wait she learned to cope.<p>Good luck with your E55. The first 1000 miles are the toughest, as you will be breaking in the engine and have to go easy on the loud pedal.Then the fun begins!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Congrats! Welcome to the club.

Thanks for the welcomes from everyone.<p>My master plan for hiding the car payment is to have my bank account debited every month electronically! Straight to MB Credit...no hassle, no check, no stamp. I assuming they have this option of course.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts