Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I picked up my new baby on Friday evening from MB of Bloomfield Hills, Mi. <p>First, I'd just like to talk about the dealer experience. My salesmen was Mirko, a guy closer to my age than the cluster of grey haired gentlemen who paid me little attention when I first walked in last October. I'm 33 and was just wearing biz casual clothes, so must not have screamed 'sale' to the more mature salesmen. (I suppose they may have just been busy)<p>Mirko was eager to answer my questions when I first went in last October. I put a deposit down on a CLK430 Cab that very night (although it wouldn't of mattered who the salesmen was, I wanted that car). He called me on 2 occasions to let me know of cancellations, but I was still waiting for some funds to clear, so had to pass.<p>Almost four months later I swung by the dealership to talk about changing my order over to the new CLK55 CONVERTIBLE coming out next fall (feb 12 issue of Autoweek). That night someone had walked away from an E55 they had ordered. I asked to see it as a curiousity. Mirko walked out into a 35 degree drizzle to show me the car on the back lot. I passed on the car that night, but kept reading this message board. What I read made me more excited about the E55 than the CLK.<p>I went back 2 days later and was surprised to see they still had the car. They had just cleaned it up and put it on the showroom floor that afternoon. Seeing it in the lights made the sale.<p>I picked up the car towards closing time on Friday. We spent 45 minutes on paperwork and getting my trade-in squared away. Then we got in the car and Mirko spent about 30 minutes going over all the fine points of the car. All the other salesmen were giving me and Mirko the 'thumbs up' as they walked out for the evening. And then I was outta there.<p>It was the first time I had driven the car (the wouldn't let anyone test drive it) in fact it was the first MB I've ever driven.<p>What I found was that it is extremely civil up until you mash your right foot. Then all hell breaks loose! Having just traded in my Corvette (a 93 6speed) I'm used to driving a fast machine. I absolutely love being thrown back into my seat by a car and the E55 had lots of that.<p>My drive home that night was unforgettable! I had a perma-grin the entire 15 miles.<p>I brought the car home and pulled it into the garage. My wife then wanted to drive it, by herself. Wanting her to love the car too, I readily agreed.<p>Not 5 minutes later, the phone rings. My wife is on her cell phone, voice shaking. I can tell she is scared as hell and nervous. I fear the worst. 4 kids in a jalopy blew through a red light, careening around the stopped cars on the left side. My wife was waiting to make a left turn. Her light turned green and she proceeded into the intersection. It was a 'T' intersection so she had no oncoming traffic to worry about. As she got halfway into the intersection she saw the speeding car and slammed on the brakes.<p>Thank God for AMG. Those 13" rotors stopped her cold and the jalopy missed her bumper by inches as it sped through the intersection. She managed to drive it to a nearby parking lot and stop to collect herself and call me. The guy in the car behind her followed her to the parking lot to ask if she was okay-- and to tell her she had a beautiful car!<p>I had had the car less that 2 hours and it was inches from being a scrap heap.<p>Anyway, I've put 200 miles on the car over the weekend and enjoyed every second of it. The car is going to get me in trouble because the damn thing is so quick you are doing 90 anytime you goose it to pass someone. I merged onto I-75 to get ahead of the traffic I looked down and was doing 110mph.<p>I took some digital pictures of the car but don't know how to post them on the board. Any directions?<p>Aaron

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
----------<p>Congrats on your Beast, and 'whew' on the near hit! Glad to hear you Wife is OK [the seats can be cleaned by the way :)]<p>If your wife (or any of us for that matter) were going to have an accident, better in a car built as solid as the 'Benz, with ten airbags, than in most on the cars on the road today ... but fortunately, you didn't have to test that theory!<p>Regarding your pictures: Frank (the Webmaster here) is going to be changing the board soon to allow us to post pictures into an archive on this site, which we then can link-to in our posts. Until then, we've been posting our pics on the 2nd best board on the Web (like that Frank!), MBWorld.org. (link enclosed). Click on the link, and look for the "Upload Pix" link on the bottom of the left-navigation bar. Click, and follow the directions to upload your pics. Then you can post on MBWorld's 'E-Forum' and include the links to your pics in that post.(you can also copy the URL from your pics once loaded on MBWorld and post the pics here, but the Webmaster of MBWorld.org, Simon, frowns on using his site that way). <p>We're an impatient bunch of E55 owners ... we want to see your Beast ... so get posting!<p>Congrats again. <p>As 'E55 2 Fast' (Ryan) always says: <p>"Happy Motoring"<p>Drew.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Pictures on the other board.

Thanks for the replies. Car and wife are doing fine.<p>I finally figured out how to post pictures on the other board, so have a look.<p>As you can tell, I'm not the best photographer.<p>By the way, it is silver not white!<p>Aaron<p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts