Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my 99 clk was imported from canada which means the odometer is metric, not english.

the odometer reads 140000++ mi when converted to metric is 87500++ km only. my concern is on dmv's records the current mileage is 14000++

how i find out, i made trips from los angeles to sacramento several times already, mapquest and yahoo maps both say its 350++ the trip registered at about 550. another thing was the mileage signs on the freeway. doing simple math on the distance does not seem to give a sensible answer.

does anyone know how to correct this? let me know waht your thoughts are.

thanks,

EC

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm not sure what your question is but I think you meant 140000++km not miles because 1 mile = 1.6km. You mentioned both mapquest and yahoo map says 350 but you registered 550...again, same thing if you take 350miles x 1.6 = 560km. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
49 Posts
read your owners manual, you can change the computer to display miles or kilometers, also you can change the temp control to display celcius to farenheit. you do this by going through the menu with the buttons on your steering wheel

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
430convertible said:
I'm not sure what your question is but I think you meant 140000++km not miles because 1 mile = 1.6km. You mentioned both mapquest and yahoo map says 350 but you registered 550...again, same thing if you take 350miles x 1.6 = 560km. Hope this helps.
youre right its 140000++ km not miles. i got confused and put the incorrect unit.

thanks for checking.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whiteclk! said:
read your owners manual, you can change the computer to display miles or kilometers, also you can change the temp control to display celcius to farenheit. you do this by going through the menu with the buttons on your steering wheel
so there should be a way to change the units from metric to english? ok ill go grab my manual later and read through it.

regarding the DMV record of the mileage, i contacted dmv and they advised me to get in touch with bureau of auto repairs.. something like that. i will call them this week and find out.

thanks.

·
Registered
CLK320 Con, S320L
402 Posts
whiteclk! said:

This feature is only available in 2000.5 and newer models, I think. In 1999, there's not buttons on steering, right?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
W208Cab said:
This feature is only available in 2000.5 and newer models, I think. In 1999, there's not buttons on steering, right?
i read through the users manual last night but did not find anything about conversions in units. yes the 1999 model does not come with buttons on the steering wheel.

looks like i will be stuck with metric. its actually good for me because the actual mileage in miles is 87500.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts