Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
1996 S320 (Kuro) 1998 S600 (Weiss)
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brainless ex decided she'd try and take one of my children off me so, as men have zero rights in Japan I threw the matter into family court in Australia and moved over to Sydney in January of this year.

My 320 & 600 have been sitting in my car park in Tokyo since.

I picked up a 2008 B180 CDI - ok for getting around and the transmission is fun but... Absolutely nothing compared to my two W140's (>_<)

I'm going back over to Tokyo to shut my apartment down and organise shipment on a house load of stuff, am looking into a 40' container (both cars and the house load will fit, but if the costs are too high I'll end up sending both cars to be scrapped...

Heart breaking but, such is life I guess.

** UPDATE** I've created a Paypal account under the address '[email protected]' :)

·
Premium Member
1999 S600 Sedan, 1999 S600 w/ 4-pl seating, 1995 S600 Coupe, 2-1992 600SEL's, 2002 ML55, 1998 SL600
2,425 Posts
Nooooooo!

You are one of the most reasonable contributors on the Forum, we can't have you leave us over trifling issues such as shipping costs!

If finances are tight at the moment, let us help you! Many of us, I am sure, will contribute a few bucks to help a friend, especially if it is to save his precious w140's! If that is the case, let us know and I will be honored to help organize a community effort!

Let us help you keep your cars, Haku. Don't think of letting them go because you can't get them to ship to your new home! Please!

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nooooooo!

You are one of the most reasonable contributors on the Forum, we can't have you leave us over trifling issues such as shipping costs!

If finances are tight at the moment, let us help you! Many of us, I am sure, will contribute a few bucks to help a friend, especially if it is to save his precious w140's! If that is the case, let us know and I will be honored to help organize a community effort!

Let us help you keep your cars, Haku. Don't think of letting them go because you can't get them to ship to your new home! Please!
Hey Stryker,

I did actually think of putting together a "Save my 140's" fund or something :)

This court case has been a killer! It had already run for a year before I moved over here. Win or lose, it ends in November so...

Thanks for the positive comments :)

I don't consider myself at the level of some of the tech legends we've had through here, but I have certainly enjoyed getting my hands dirty with these cars!

·
Registered
1995 S500 coupe, 1990 Mazda Miata
694 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of the complications in your life Haku. Hopefully all will work out and yes I'm sure many members would be willing to help. Your avatar alone adds to our Benzworld family :).

·
Registered
1995 mercedes S420
228 Posts
damn , sorry to hear that bro but trust me we all going to help you . its sad to give up on your W140 .
let us know whats the new updates and cost , and say hi to Will

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Well this is a shocker, why did you not say something before? I am truly sorry to hear this. I am sure everyone here will help, keep your chin up man.

·
Premium Member
1999 S600 Sedan, 1999 S600 w/ 4-pl seating, 1995 S600 Coupe, 2-1992 600SEL's, 2002 ML55, 1998 SL600
2,425 Posts
Haku:

Let's set up a Paypal account for you. Set that up now and you can let us know if/when we can contribute to it!

Obviously, we all want to help you.

If we all chip in, say $25 - $50 each, you'll have more than enough support to get your w140's over to you.

Consider it the karma that you give coming back to you!

·
Registered
'97 S500 w/ Nappa "Leather Exclusive"
196 Posts
Been There-! Serious Subject.

Haku:

Let's set up a Paypal account for you. Set that up now and you can let us know if/when we can contribute to it!

If we all chip in, say $25 - $50 each, you'll have more than enough support to get your w140's over to you.
Now, I'm not a lawyer, but I am an advocate for Children's & Father's Rights.

As our friend, Haku, by now knows, Family Courts worldwide enslave men & in doing so, the courts hurt children. It's a very profitable industry; believe the unbelievable.

Sounds harsh? Well, it is.

Every man here should should Google "Family Court" & "Father's Rights" for their own particular jurisdiction before ever considering having kids ... This is life-changing stuff.

Moreover people, Google "Imputing Income," as this "contribution" idea on a public forum could create complications for Haku before a family court judge w/ regard to his Financial Statement, by which his child support payments will be, for the most part, based.

Perhaps one of our lawyer/ attorney members could chime in ...

Best to you and your child, Haku.

In the child's true "best interests," fight for your Rights & document everything.

UnshavenChauffeur

·
Registered
1995 s500, 2004 s500, 1991 190e
880 Posts
I would gladly send a bit of cash to help you out, your s320 was the reason I bought my car, it is by far my favorite s class of all time. I can't imagine what you're going through as it must be extremely difficult, but if us benzworld guys can help, please let us. It sounds like you have enough problems as it is, so it's that much worse that you could lose your cars. Good luck man and I hope for you the best. Family first, I hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
1995 s500, 2004 s500, 1991 190e
880 Posts
Haku:

Please post up a pay-pal, I would gladly send $50.

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
Haku: Unshaven Chauffeur has a point I hadn't considered.

Of course, the workaround, should his point pose a problem that's a real one for you, is to have the paypal account in the name of your current girlfriend or someone else you trust.

Clearly, we're all ready to help a buddy in distress.

·
Registered
1999 CL600
46 Posts
Sorry to hear about the situation.

Look into roll on/ roll off car transport ferrys, it might be alot cheaper, at least that's the case for US to Europe shipments.
Also I think you have to pay 10% duty of Australian market value in import duties on your vehicles.
Hope it works out for you,

MBCL

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All,

These responses have absolutely blown me away!

I've always considered the BW community as a place for giving, but would never have considered receiving this amount of kindness from everyone!

I' awaiting some pricing on a 40' container out of Japan (from what I understand should be less than $1500 $US, then as these are older than 15 years and personal imports - the duties and extra costs should be quite minimal.

I'll be sure to keep you posted - this has been very humbling indeed :)

·
Registered
1995 mercedes S420
228 Posts
All,

These responses have absolutely blown me away!

I've always considered the BW community as a place for giving, but would never have considered receiving this amount of kindness from everyone!

I' awaiting some pricing on a 40' container out of Japan (from what I understand should be less than $1500 $US, then as these are older than 15 years and personal imports - the duties and extra costs should be quite minimal.

I'll be sure to keep you posted - this has been very humbling indeed :)
i can send u $100. i know its nothing but im sure BW guys will help.
let us know whats ur paypal account

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi guys,

I've made my paypal debut :)

Setting up the account was easy, but what info do I need to provide to make this available to send to?

I thought I'll keep a running total in this thread, along with some pics and shipping info/costs as I go.

The current target date is early October. I'll be back in Japan on the 14th of September to start all of the procedures.

Once again, thanks indeed!

Haku

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm sorry to hear of the complications in your life Haku. Hopefully all will work out and yes I'm sure many members would be willing to help. Your avatar alone adds to our Benzworld family :).
Ah yes... The avatar that had me flamed at one point :)

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well this is a shocker, why did you not say something before? I am truly sorry to hear this. I am sure everyone here will help, keep your chin up man.
Thanks mate. I'm sure all will work out in the end :)

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haku:

It's certainly the thought that counts! :)

I set one up today for the first time :)

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now, I'm not a lawyer, but I am an advocate for Children's & Father's Rights.

As our friend, Haku, by now knows, Family Courts worldwide enslave men & in doing so, the courts hurt children. It's a very profitable industry; believe the unbelievable.

Sounds harsh? Well, it is.

Every man here should should Google "Family Court" & "Father's Rights" for their own particular jurisdiction before ever considering having kids ... This is life-changing stuff.

Moreover people, Google "Imputing Income," as this "contribution" idea on a public forum could create complications for Haku before a family court judge w/ regard to his Financial Statement, by which his child support payments will be, for the most part, based.

Perhaps one of our lawyer/ attorney members could chime in ...

Best to you and your child, Haku.

In the child's true "best interests," fight for your Rights & document everything.

UnshavenChauffeur
You are certainly NOT joking there my friend.

What makes it worse is that Japan has not become part of the International Treaty against the Abduction of Children so, if you're partner steals your kids... Too bad!

Hence making the effort to have the case heard in another country.

Even still, the laws of Australia are very biased towards the mother :(

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would gladly send a bit of cash to help you out, your s320 was the reason I bought my car, it is by far my favorite s class of all time. I can't imagine what you're going through as it must be extremely difficult, but if us benzworld guys can help, please let us. It sounds like you have enough problems as it is, so it's that much worse that you could lose your cars. Good luck man and I hope for you the best. Family first, I hope it works out for you.
Thanks for the kind words :)

Glad to hear my 320 was of good inspiration and not just a Japanese police magnet :)

Like you say, family first.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts