Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 ML350
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put new tires on my ML. I've been looking at the Michelin Cross Terrains, anybody have those (with pictures) or recommend any others. Currently have factory Dunlops 255 60 R17s.

Open for any thing that give me a better ride. Also, if you know a good place to get them wouldn't hurt. I've found them for about $145 a piece. Dealer wants $190.

Help!

·
Registered
06 ML500 + 00 ML430
130 Posts
two thumbs up. I'm on my second set, and very happy. highly recommended... sorry no pics handy.

I got 'em at costco... with discount, something like 180 or so installed. (installation, tax, and disposal etc. adds up.. )

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
These people usually have the best online pricing available ...

www.discounttiredirect.com

The problem with buying online is shipping + installing.

I suggest you purchase from a local store like Discount Tire or Tire King. They will not charge you shipping and the mount and balance is usually included in a decent price. Just make sure to haggle with them a bit. Usually they can go down about $10-$20 per tire if you are ready to buy them right away.

·
Registered
98 ML 320
40 Posts
Im also on my second set and I love them. Great on wet and dry. Also very quit. Not to sure in the snow though.

·
Registered
1999 ML 430
586 Posts
here you go

I took these awhile ago showing my mudflap clearance to someone, right after I did some soft offroading

I've had these ever since I bought the ML so I can't really compare it against anything, they don't look very nice I was some proxes! but then no more offroading for me

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have 60K miles on my Cross Terrains, which wore very evenly. They are nearly to the wear bars and will be replaced with the same tires soon.

I could care less what they look like; I'm only concerned with performance.

·
Registered
2003 ML350
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone... you confirmed what I thought, its a great tire. Thanks for the tips on purchasing also.

I can't say it enough... I LOVE THIS SITE!!!

·
Registered
03 ML320
46 Posts
I have these on my 03 ML320.

They came on the car when we got bought it. The car was a starmark car.

Anyway after 21k miles we like them. They are nice solid tire.

They are not a "performance" tire nor a "off-road" tire, but work well for 95% of the driving we do in the ML.

·
Registered
99ML320 (retired) C230 530xi 911-C4
2,229 Posts
I bought Cross Terrains today. They arrive next week and I will put them on.

The reviews are OVERWHELMINGLY in favor of the Cross Terrains.

So far, the overwhelming impression from owners are:

DUNLOP SP5000 - summer only tire and wears out too fast.

DUNLOP GRANDTREK - dangerous in wet

CONTINENTAL 4x4 Cross Contact - wears out too fast and noisy after a thousand miles

TOYO PROXES - summer only - not for winter

I loved the Michelin XPC 4x4's.
I expect the Michelin Cross Terrains will deliver similar benefits, and although about 50% more expensive than anything else out there, the reviews seem overwhelmingly in favor of them.

I will install them and let you guys know

1 - 12 of 12 Posts