Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Mercedes Benz, CLK 500
6 Posts
Repair Shop near Farmington Hills

Hi All,

My 2003 CLK is due for Service schedule B. No major issues - just regular ones. New to this region. Have read through this thread for the options and looking for help on a good, reasonably priced repair shop. These are the ones near me:

Advanced Auto Sports - 38410 Grand River Avenue
Motorwerks Luxury Vehicle Center - 3200 Walnut Lake Rd
Eastern Auto Company - 26350 Eight Mile Rd

Highly appreciate the inputs. If

Boro's Auto Services - 2228, 1931 Larchwood Dr
Euro-Tech Motorcars - 31171 Stephenson Hwy, Madison Heights, MI 48071

are highly recommended more than the ones near me, would not mind driving over as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
2005 S600
5 Posts
I've been to Motorwerks and Euro-tech several times each. I prefer Euro-tech by a long shot. No personal experience at the others.

·
Registered
2005 S600
5 Posts
As with anything, customer service can be the tiniest component in a business transaction but can have the largest effect.

Euro-tech - Always felt like the shop was doing the best work for me, regardless of their rates or cost of parts. They always take the time to explain what is going on with my car and offered options on how to handle them. They never suggested any work that didn't need to be done, or tried to up charge me.

Motorwerks - They did very good work for me as well. Several times I went there I felt like I was being well taken care of. They also handled some work for my wife. The one thing that stuck out to me was again, a small thing but you asked, so here it is.
I was having normal maintenance done on my Benz (over $1k) and one of the keys wasn't working to open the doors, or to trigger the push button start, etc. As I was picking up the car, I asked the counter man about it and mentioned that I replaced the battery and it's still not working. He yelled to the back, one of the mechanics came out, swapped the battery and tested it the remote, which didn't work and then pronounced that it's broken. Then he proceeded to add another ~$165 charge on my invoice for the 3 minutes of "work" that they did right in front of me.
I did not complain about it then, and have never been back. Since then, anyone that asks me about where they should go for auto service gets directed somewhere else.

·
Registered
2004 Mercedes Benz, CLK 500
6 Posts
Thanks for the valuable inputs. Trying to reach Euro-Tech on these numbers, but no luck. Is there another number? Tried 248-588-0088 and 248-558-0088.

·
Registered
'55 W120 180, '11 W221 S550 4Matic
191 Posts
Motorwerks may not meet your definition of reasonably priced. I have had good experience with them but also a very bad one. I took my 1955 180 for brake work there. They had it for several months, the bill was extremely expensive and the brakes were no better in the end. I have not been back since. I took the car to Arbor Motion in Ann Arbor to have them do the work correctly

I’ve found that most of the independent shops are no better on price and don’t have Mercedes Benz’s support and backing.

·
Registered
2006 ML500
7 Posts
Try the number mentioned a few posts below - 248-787-4549
Anyone with any reviews of the work done by this gentleman? What is the process and what is the scope of the work that he can accomplish without a full fledged ? Have had a great experience with someone who does this for BMWs.

·
Registered
1987 560SL
42 Posts
I'm also looking for someone in the Detroit area for my '87 560SL. It seems Eurotech was a great choice but is closed, and Motorwerks is quite far (and $$$). I was recommended Karl-Heinz in Royal Oak, but I've heard mixed opinions on the guy.

Any input from 2019?

·
Registered
1999 ML320
64 Posts
I'm also looking for someone in the Detroit area for my '87 560SL. It seems Eurotech was a great choice but is closed, and Motorwerks is quite far (and $$$). I was recommended Karl-Heinz in Royal Oak, but I've heard mixed opinions on the guy.

Any input from 2019?
I found a guy in Livonia. He just moved here from France. He was a MB tech there for 20 years. A bit of a language barrier but the guy is an MB encyclopedia. Worked on two of my cars. Very happy. He does everything. From maintenance to engines rebuild. Last week he had a bentley continental and a Ferrari California in the shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1987 560SL
42 Posts
I found a guy in Livonia. He just moved here from France. He was a MB tech there for 20 years. A bit of a language barrier but the guy is an MB encyclopedia. Worked on two of my cars. Very happy. He does everything. From maintenance to engines rebuild. Last week he had a bentley continental and a Ferrari California in the shop

Awesome I studied French in high school lol -- would you care to share his name, number, or shop with us?

·
Registered
1999 ML320
64 Posts
Awesome I studied French in high school lol -- would you care to share his name, number, or shop with us?
I'll shoot you a PM in a little bit. I have to ask him if he wants his number out in the wild and only after that I'll post it publicly. But I'll send you his address and phone in a PM. He just rebuilt the complete brake pipe system on my old 99 ML. Outstanding work

41 - 56 of 56 Posts