Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anybody had any pics of their car with the same combination. Any opinions on such a combination?

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
SLK55 AMG
152 Posts
Pretty standard colour combination. My SLK is Metallic Black with Black leather and looks great.

·
Registered
SLK55 AMG
93 Posts
Same here, black and black. I love it mainly because the SLK55 IMHO is an agressive car which shouts "don't mess with me" and black with black accentuates that even more. Stealthy is probably the right word.

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, but this is going to be an SLK 350 without the lovely AMG bodykit unfortunately.

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
1,614 Posts
I've got the basic black (non-metallic) and black interior. Really love the combination. Just be forewarned, though. It's a full-time job trying to keep it looking nice. I wash my car at least once a week and use the California Duster every day. Other than that, no complaints.

·
Registered
06' SLK350
2,315 Posts
NewMB said:
I've got the basic black (non-metallic) and black interior. Really love the combination. Just be forewarned, though. It's a full-time job trying to keep it looking nice. I wash my car at least once a week and use the California Duster every day. Other than that, no complaints.
That's the only reason I didn't get black, I'm lazy and don't want to wash it every week. Iridium silver does a great job covering the dust, I find myself washing it every third week unless it rains, speaking of a wash and rain. I washed my car yesterday and it looks like it's going to be raining soon.. :mad:

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
1,614 Posts
Ynot said:
I washed my car yesterday and it looks like it's going to be raining soon.. :mad:
Hey Ynot - You jinxed yourself. Happens every time! Of course, up here in the Pacific Northwest, we get rain just about every other day, so it doesn't matter when you wash your car.

·
Registered
06' SLK350
2,315 Posts
NewMB said:
Hey Ynot - You jinxed yourself. Happens every time! Of course, up here in the Pacific Northwest, we get rain just about every other day, so it doesn't matter when you wash your car.
yeah, I guess I did, I found out that weather.com and the local weather forecast is only accurate 'at the moment.' That's twice in two weeks, they made a mistake. Last week, when I checked the weather it said it'll be 80 degrees and sunny the next day and sure enough, it rained all day. Same with today, the forecast was suppose to be partially cloudy, 65 degrees and right now it's raining and has been since two hours ago. Oh well, guess I'll wash it again next week.

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
1,995 Posts
Ive got black with black and red, seems the black n black would be amazing with limo tint and brabus body kit!

·
Registered
06' SLK350
2,315 Posts
alroumi said:
Ive got black with black and red, seems the black n black would be amazing with limo tint and brabus body kit!
Nooo.. your AMG body kit looks a lot better IMO, no need for a body kit, AMG is the best one. :)

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
Ynot, Didn't you know that weather forecasters use a big wheel, kind of like the
T V show Wheel of Fortune to forcast the weather. At least it seems that way in Chicago. Spin the wheel and whatever comes up is the forecast for tomorrow.

·
Registered
SLK350
693 Posts
black on black...dark and boring. Black with Alpaca or beige interior, yeah, sweet.
I have a black interior to my BMW and a light interior to my SLK. No contest.

·
Registered
06' SLK350
2,315 Posts
Duo-Art said:
Ynot, Didn't you know that weather forecasters use a big wheel, kind of like the
T V show Wheel of Fortune to forcast the weather. At least it seems that way in Chicago. Spin the wheel and whatever comes up is the forecast for tomorrow.
lol.. apparently so.. somebody needs to tell them to stop spending millions for dopler radars and satellite equipment if it doesn't worl. :D

·
Registered
2006 SLK 280
104 Posts
Mine is black&black, too. No AMG kit, but I like it that way.

I spent this year's vacation in florida. If I'd live there, I'd go for *white*. Great colour, but only in areas with plenty of bright sun. In Germany the sun always shines just on TV... ;)

Greeetz, Thomas

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for your opinions everybody.

Oh, and about the weather, i used to check weather.com before going abroad but never found them reliable. Now i always use the bbc weather forecast and find it to be a lot more accurate.

·
Registered
R171 200K
115 Posts
Black and black looks OK but a contrast in the interior exterior colour makes for a much more stunning look, particularly with the roof down. Black interior also made me feel a bit cramped... going with black exterior and grey interior is something i'm very pleased with.

·
Registered
2006 SLK 280
104 Posts
Black and grey sounds very interesting.

Black and red (or silver and red) is one of my favourites as well. But it will turn your slk in to a pimp's car. At least in Germany ... :D

Greeetz, Thomas

·
Registered
2006 SLK55
16 Posts
Black/Black

I have an SLK55 Black metalic w/ black interior.

The only problem I have is that with the 30 package the black carbon fiber on the interior doesn't show up all that well.

Other than that I love the car. (installed chrome behind the door handles and chrome wings up front which realy set everything off.)

·
Registered
SLK 350
52 Posts
IMHO I always think black interior makes a small car feel smaller, especially with a dark body colour. The last car I had was a dark blue Jaguar with an ivory leather interior and it felt like there was enough room to play football inside.

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
1,995 Posts
Ynot said:
Nooo.. your AMG body kit looks a lot better IMO, no need for a body kit, AMG is the best one. :)

Just Joking:p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts