Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm thinking switching out my stock radio in my 02' CLk430 with an aftermarket radio. I was trying to find out if there is a way to use an after market stereo and still be able to read the radio stations on the message console screen??? After some research, I found adapters that allow me to use the stereo controls on the steering wheel with an aftermarket stereo, but no mention of the display..

Thanks
Jad

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,470 Posts
Hi all,

I'm thinking switching out my stock radio in my 02' CLk430 with an aftermarket radio. I was trying to find out if there is a way to use an after market stereo and still be able to read the radio stations on the message console screen??? After some research, I found adapters that allow me to use the stereo controls on the steering wheel with an aftermarket stereo, but no mention of the display..

Thanks
Jad
I know what your saying its a bit of a trade off for having a really good nee functioning stereo but no display. I have a Sony stereo and its the best thing I did, I'm not bothered about the display which was only for the radio stations not CD etc. I put the adaptors on to use the steering wheel buttons and they are great. For the benefit of now have a stereo that sounds better, has USB, Aux in, bluetooth handsfree and remote controll far out weighs not having the radio stations displayed on the dash.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey A1EK,

Thanks for the feedback. You make a good point that the new features of an aftermarket radio out weight the benefit of seeing the stations on the message console from the stock radio. My CD changer is another issue, which doesn't work (and don't care to fix).

One question though, did you add the steering wheel adaptors your self? I know how to take the radio out, but if it requires more parts from the dash/steering wheel to be removed I might take it to a pro.

Thanks
Jad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts