Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big Thanks to all of you in advance for any help that you might be able to lend out to me in this issue::

'08 C350 Sport- 8F060649 (LAST # VIN)

Car was in shop, ran and drove fine...
Needed jump start, after jump, the transmission computer no longer communicates with diagnostic system! Like its non existent! The gear selector seems to be functioning fine, it will register in the system that you are in R or D, or N, but the car does nothing but N, and the display on instrument cluster has no selection, just lists the gears with none selected.

I would love to pull the transmission module out, and test it, If I could find it! Spent time in WIS reading bulletins and maybe a diagnosis of this problem and Im still at square one. Im new to DAS/WIS/Xentry... Maybe im doing something wrong or I may be looking in the wrong areas...

Also, I looked into the possibility of the Drive Authorization System not powering the CAN, maybe in a tow or safety mode?? (Fuse #33 in Front Left Fuse panel is for the CAN and its not blown..)

I appreciate any thoughts and guidance on this

-Octavian

·
Registered
2007 W204 C280/C300
107 Posts
You may have jump started the car wrong. On the manual, it says not to jump start the car from the battery itself. Did you do it that way? It said it will cause problems with the computer system if you connect directly to the battery terminals and jump start the car directly from there. You need to jump start the car from special terminals in the engine bay only. Same thing happened to my BMW and I too had to replace a computer box.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was jumped from battery terminals! Does anybody know if it might have some sort of a protection fuse relay or switch that it might have blown or do you guys think that it may have fried the CAN?

Also, any idea of exact location of the transmission module?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2007 W204 C280/C300
107 Posts
it was jumped from battery terminals! Does anybody know if it might have some sort of a protection fuse relay or switch that it might have blown or do you guys think that it may have fried the CAN?

Also, any idea of exact location of the transmission module?

Thanks again!
Yikes, looked like you fried your computer box. The manual did say it can cause severe damage to your computers, so it looks like you're in that boat. Sorry to deliver the bad news to you.

I'm not too sure if there is a fuse though but if it helps, on my BMW, there was no fuse and I had to replace the computer box since it totally fried the circuits internally. When we opened the box, it was all burnt and smelled real bad. I think the best thing to do is to have your car taken to a dealer. I'm not sure where the transmission computer is but I do know for a fact that if you were to replace it, you'll need to have your car reprogrammed and as far as I know, only the dealer can do that for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts