Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1985 500sel and 500sec 2012 E63 1989 Porsche 911
5,340 Posts
wheels are worse than the kit, put some 3 piece amgs on it, and it will be ok, lol

·
Registered
Too many to list
8,944 Posts
I just bought it. Scheduling a prepurchase inspection. Seller agreed to let me have it inspected before finalizing sale.

Anyone in the Houston/Sugarland area want to snap some more photos and/or do a road test for me?

·
Registered
'83 380SEC AMG'ed euro, '92 500SL, '91 190e 2.6 5-speed
2,389 Posts
Wow that's a pretty good deal, wonder what mysteries it holds. Any confirmation on what the kit that is? Koenig, ABC Exclusive, or a Asian made kit?

Congrats on an interesting buy either way.

·
Registered
Too many to list
8,944 Posts
Dont know yet, hoping its a Koenig. With the right paint and rims it should be 100x better.

Any local Houston area BW members want to snap some detailed photos and do some reconnasiance for me>?

·
Registered
Euro 1985 500SEL
1,498 Posts
Dont know yet, hoping its a Koenig. With the right paint and rims it should be 100x better.

Any local Houston area BW members want to snap some detailed photos and do some reconnasiance for me>?
Congrats! Please post pics in a new thread when you get a chance and good luck with it. :)

·
Premium Member
Tribute 500SEC AMG Widebody
6,240 Posts
Congrats! Looks like a Koenig.

Attachments

·
Registered
1989 560SEC
2,056 Posts
I just bought it. Scheduling a prepurchase inspection. Seller agreed to let me have it inspected before finalizing sale.

Anyone in the Houston/Sugarland area want to snap some more photos and/or do a road test for me?
Glad to see that it's going to a BW member!!!!! In the hands of somewone who knows what there doing, this car could be a real jewel in the rough. Congrates Tusabes on the purchase. For that price, a to-do list from the PPI isn't a bad thing if it's a real Koenig.

Mike

·
Registered
Too many to list
8,944 Posts
Thanks andrew...how can I tell for certain if its Koenig? Is there a Koenig stamp in the bumper or something else I can tell?

Did all Koenigs have wdb126 VIN numbers?
Its an American VIN car, wdbCA, so I assume it wasnt built at Koenig, unless someone shipped it back to Europe for the conversion when it was done

·
Registered
'88 560 SEL , 01 540i
301 Posts
can you imagine how awesome if that turns out to be an authentic Koenig and the seller had no idea what kind of gem he has!

·
Registered
'82 500sec euro, '95 Ford F150
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good luck tusabes! You may remember from an earlier post, there is a Koenig here in the south florida area. It's a 380, but has decent three piece wheels. If it still hadn't sold maybe you can work out a trade for the wheels.
I was tempted to buy that one but as one member put it : "it's all hat but now cowboy;)"

·
Registered
Too many to list
8,944 Posts
Yes I started the thread on the fl Koenig, I don't care for it's wheels they don't look like real bbs . Also It's a euro 380 with stock interior

Seller told me the interior on this one is custom I am waiting on
Pics . For wheels thinking either real bbs or amg 3pc is the way to go

·
Registered
'82 500sec euro, '95 Ford F150
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, my mistake, as I haven' scrolled down far enogh to notice your koenig thread. Good luck either way!

·
Premium Member
1986 560SEC TT KS,1988 300CE,1990 560SEC 2nd GEN.KS.1990 560SEL AMG,1985 W126 [parts]
1,569 Posts
I vote for bbs or the one is on the car.looks good to me
AMG 3 pc. would need a big spacer

·
Registered
Euro 1985 500SEL
1,498 Posts
By the way..you are very brave to buy a car like this without having seen the interior, so kudos to you on that. A bad interior can literally sink you financially in trying to repair it, so I hope the interior looks as good if not better than the exterior. Please post pics when you get them. :)

·
Premium Member
1986 560SEC TT KS,1988 300CE,1990 560SEC 2nd GEN.KS.1990 560SEL AMG,1985 W126 [parts]
1,569 Posts
looks like a special interior..the rear picture shows the headrest with piping..
not a stock option...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts