Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1977 W123.123 1995 W124.034
3,868 Posts
Kent makes some very good videos and is a great salesman. That being said most of what he sells is $$$$ but he does include DIY instructions in most if not all of his kits. It's a great resource for someone who is just learning how to work on these cars but for the experienced folks it can be a waste.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I love mercedessource. They can be a bit pricey, but to me it's worth it to support "the little guy." Their prices definitely aren't ridiculous by any means. Definitely no more than a couple% more than other places, and cheaper than others. Shipping is immediate and is 2-day. With every order you get a free pair of nitrile gloves and a lemon head, which is just one of those little touches that makes you feel appreciated as a customer, you know?

·
Registered
1983 300SD, 2013 C250
374 Posts
He is a great guy

·
Registered
1984 300D
5,070 Posts
Anone needing repair information should consider getting the real Mercedes Service Manual CD or DVD set.
I do not know what the current price is but the CD sets used to be about $30 and it covers the whole car (Engine, Body, Chassis and so on) with the exception of rebuilt info on the Turbo and Transmission and for some reason the Front end alinemant spec do not appear in the CD Manual.

Part numbers for service Manuals STARTEK
Star Service CDs and DVDs
Contact Consumer Promotions at 1-800-FOR-MERCedes for current pricing and ordering information on the accompanying CDs and DVDs that are available for purchase.

What parts of the Manual that may seem little merky can be addressed here on the Forum.
In any event having the real Mercedes Manual can save $$$$

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 1981 240 D 4 Speed
200 Posts
When i started my W123 quest even before i purchased my Vehicle Mersedessource was and is one of the great places ( besides this forum) to garner information for those of us that have recently acquired an older Mercedes Benz .

·
Registered
1979 & 1985 300D's
2,537 Posts
I have often found that his part prices are actually very competitive. It's usually only more expensive when it's a kit that also includes the little odds, ends, tools and instructions you'll need. In that case, you're paying for convenience and knowledge, which are both very valuable commodities.

For example - yes, I could have saved a few dollars buying the vacuum pump rebuilt parts at another site. But the kit from MercedesSource also included the items I would need to make the job easy, such as the board you attach the pump to while working on it, and instructions. This made it a breeze and a one-time through event. Didn't have to re-do anything because I missed something along the way. That's worth the money.

As my collection of tools and overall knowledge grow I don't always buy from him anymore, if the price is cheaper at AZAutoHaus for example, but I still will check his site for parts compatibility and descriptions because they are usually more detailed too.

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Sometimes he also has good used parts he is also selling on his site, alongside his kits or individual new parts. Agreed on all points thus far, his is a good site for beginners, and even for seasoned owners who just want the conveniece of having all items put together.

·
Registered
1981 W123 300D non turbo, 1992 190E 1.8 <=> 2.0
6,561 Posts
Anone needing repair information should consider getting the real Mercedes Service Manual CD or DVD set.
I do not know what the current price is but the CD sets used to be about $30 and it covers the whole car (Engine, Body, Chassis and so on) with the exception of rebuilt info on the Turbo and Transmission and for some reason the Front end alinemant spec do not appear in the CD Manual.

Part numbers for service Manuals STARTEK
Star Service CDs and DVDs
Contact Consumer Promotions at 1-800-FOR-MERCedes for current pricing and ordering information on the accompanying CDs and DVDs that are available for purchase.

What parts of the Manual that may seem little merky can be addressed here on the Forum.
In any event having the real Mercedes Manual can save $$$$
In principle you can access this information for free.

You don't need to pay for the w123 CDs any more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts