Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure many of you have heard that Mercedes has issued a worldwide recall of some 1.3 million vehicles in regards to the alternator/battery.

Just making sure, but this recall only affects E, SLK and CLS class, right? Us C-Class owners are not affected by the recall.

Please confirm. I haven't gotten a letter from my dealer. I have a 04 C-Class.

Thanks.

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
read the link below

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1205276&posts=8&hl=recall

·
Registered
2001 C320
4 Posts
At the dealer today and mentioned this. They said it was not technically a recall as defined by the US Department of Transportation, but instead a MB initiated service bulletin. Also mentioned that the press hit the wires before MB notified its service departments.

They went on to say that the issue relates to V6 and V8 models built between 2001 and 2004. Also noted that the real issue is with a Bosch part and not a MB manufacturing matter.

Bottom line is that you will get a letter from your dealer if you are involved. You then take the letter and your car in where they will determine if your alternator has a problem. They said that more than likely not many will be replaced. Go figure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts