Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 E 430
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a copy of the 2 disk CD set labled "WIS ASRA"
and Workshop Information Systems 2005. This is a 2 CD set and I have both.

None of the CD Rom drives I have will read them.
Both of the machines will read DVD and CD format devices. Is there something stange about these I need to know?
One machine is WIN XP Pro, and reads everythign I have put into it so far (Except these) and the other is my MAC with OS X installed as a reader machine.

I hate to think I made a mistake, but I have done that before.

Jim

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
If you have copies of the orig disk, they might not work since Mercedes put some protection into them. I purchsed the 140 body (92-99) disk and tried to make a copy of it, and it did not work. It also did not run when I installed it on my hard drive. The origional does work.
There also was some talk on another forum about having to set the disks up on a sever, if they were intended for dealer use
Check this link
http://www.mercedesforum.com/m_14322/mpage_1/key_wis/tm.htm#14437

·
Registered
2001 E 430
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it is a Copy then it is a awfully good one. Including with the part numbers inscribed on the CD near the pilot hole.

So. When I look at the disk I see NOTHING on either CD or DVD rom on both windows machines . Using XP Professional. IS there anything else anyone can think of?

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,033 Posts
jjmcdonald7911 - 5/17/2005 11:35 PM

I have a copy of the 2 disk CD set labled "WIS ASRA"
and Workshop Information Systems 2005. This is a 2 CD set and I have both.

None of the CD Rom drives I have will read them.
Both of the machines will read DVD and CD format devices. Is there something stange about these I need to know?
One machine is WIN XP Pro, and reads everythign I have put into it so far (Except these) and the other is my MAC with OS X installed as a reader machine.

I hate to think I made a mistake, but I have done that before.

Jim
Seeing as this item is published on a single DVD and is intended for use on a PC I suspect you have less than what you paid for.

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,033 Posts
Peter Guenther - 5/24/2005 2:44 AM

If you have copies of the orig disk, they might not work since Mercedes put some protection into them. I purchsed the 140 body (92-99) disk and tried to make a copy of it, and it did not work. It also did not run when I installed it on my hard drive. The origional does work.
There also was some talk on another forum about having to set the disks up on a sever, if they were intended for dealer use
Check this link
http://www.mercedesforum.com/m_14322/mpage_1/key_wis/tm.htm#14437
Most often the single chassis EPC or WIS for one type of car are copy protected. IIRC it was something that you needed to copy on a CD burner using Alcohol 120% and ClonyXXL to interpret the mode of protection.

Personally I always wondered why anyone would bother.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts