Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Sl320 Roadster
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If your Bose system starts malfunctioning for different reasons or doesn't have any sounds at all coming from the speakers my advice is get it fixed! Sound funny? Well there have been many,many owners who get their entire sound system replaced and are dissatisfied with the results.The Bose systems in your car were designed by engineers for your specific car and can't be duplicated.They were designed to be perfect and they are if your system is operating 100%.I had my Bose amplifier rebuilt in my 1995 SL320 for $180 and boy what a difference new capacitors can make.It now sounds better than new has has more power than any audiophile could ever want.The amp and the radio can be removed in less than 5 minutes and taken to a reputable local car radio repair shop.My MB dealer was no help at all.They sent me to an aftermarket shop that told me my system was trashed and advided me to put in a new Alpine or Kenwood cheap aftermarket unit with new speakers of course.So please don't get your Bose system replaced,get it rebuilt.You will be happy that you did.

·
Registered
2005 CL65 AMG, 2007 Ferrari F430
790 Posts
I could not agree more, and even more, the newer fiber optic cars have a lot of interdependent systems, that are easily screwed up with an aftermarket system. I can speak with authority, as we do aftermarket when a customer absolutely insists, but we always advise keeping the factory system, and adding the necessary features, or replacing the broken bits. MUCH MUCH better IMHO

·
Registered
2002 E320 4Matic
89 Posts
Service for Bose Audio

Someone commented that the dealer was no help with his Bose audio system.
Does anyone know if Bose has "authorized" places that should be qualified and interested in getting your Bose system correct?

·
Registered
2005 CL65 AMG, 2007 Ferrari F430
790 Posts
I have been in the Mercedes sound system business for 8 years, and have never heard of anything like that. The Mercedes plan is to swap units, not repair. Which makes sense from a corporate liability point of view. Ultimately the goal is to sell more cars, not keep older ones running past a predetermined point (6 - 7 years?), even though we all know they will go much further ( and in many cases are better than newer)

·
Registered
98 C230 Elegance
6 Posts
Quick question then....

I have a 2000 ml320 with bose surround and I was going to upgrade just the head unit so I can hook up my ipod and use bluetooth with my phone... would a new deck screw with the sound quality?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts