Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

81 - 100 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
hard to belive that... since all spedometers are both in KMPH and MPH, si why would be the display showing both measuring units, and the digital display showing only one tipe ?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
hard to belive that... since all spedometers are both in KMPH and MPH, si why would be the display showing both measuring units, and the digital display showing only one tipe ?
Hi I know it can be done on VAG (VolksWagon Audi Group - I know I know, dirty word here ...LOL) and it is just a case of pressing a few buttons on the computer diagnostic programs to do that.

I also think it would be entirely possible to do this on our V's but the Donkey's employed at the Stealership's can't be bothered to look it up for you as there won't be anything in it for them.

Rufus me old mate, Is there anything in the Carsoft for doing this do you know?

I'll ask around for you. PM me the EXACT spec of your vehicle please.

:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi. Just got my first V class. A 220CDI. I've already sorted the rear suspension and fitted coils. £327.00 including oil and air filters and all three wiper blades.
Next problem to solve is the dashboard. I've lost the lighting to the right side of the dash so no illumination on temp and fuel gauge or the clock. Does anyone know how to get into the dash to change bulbs or whatever MB decided to install?
Cheers

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hi I know it can be done on VAG (VolksWagon Audi Group - I know I know, dirty word here ...LOL) and it is just a case of pressing a few buttons on the computer diagnostic programs to do that.

I also think it would be entirely possible to do this on our V's but the Donkey's employed at the Stealership's can't be bothered to look it up for you as there won't be anything in it for them.

Rufus me old mate, Is there anything in the Carsoft for doing this do you know?

I'll ask around for you. PM me the EXACT spec of your vehicle please.

:)
Sorry Sarge

Missed this one.

AFAIK, the 220CDI 115 can be user selected to show either miles or km, celcius or farenheight. I do know that the cluster on the 115 is mated to the ignition for security reasons. I dont recall carsoft offering anything close to these options.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Start Error Fix?!

Hi guys, Ok for those who have gone through all the checks and are not able to get past the dreaded 'Start Error', I have this seen this company offering a fix for this situation.

I must stress I have NOT used them, nor do I know them, but simply saw them on the internet whilst I was looking for other things.

Hope it helps someone, and if so they will report back :thumbsup:

Sprinter and Vito Start Error

Cheers
SARGE

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi all,

I got directed to this thread by sarge, thanx for the help so far sarge, i've found a lot of useful info on this thread like cleaning the pollen filters and operating the air suspension (and a few other bits and bobs). Fantastic thread, i don't know where you find the time to put all this info online for dummies like me but you're doing a great job.

Though i didn't manage to find what i came here for in the first place, i've trawled through the whole thread trying to find out what the switch marked 'W' on my dash does. When i press it, the light comes on but nowt seems to happen :confused:

Any ideas folks? I just hope the 'W' doesn't stand for 'Wallet emptying repair bill' :)

Thanx in advance

Zen.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just like to say thanks for the fuse diagrams, I don't have a manual and this has really helped me out tonight when the lights and the radio went off! Thanks Sarge!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Hi all,

I got directed to this thread by sarge, thanx for the help so far sarge, i've found a lot of useful info on this thread like cleaning the pollen filters and operating the air suspension (and a few other bits and bobs). Fantastic thread, i don't know where you find the time to put all this info online for dummies like me but you're doing a great job.

Though i didn't manage to find what i came here for in the first place, i've trawled through the whole thread trying to find out what the switch marked 'W' on my dash does. When i press it, the light comes on but nowt seems to happen :confused:

Any ideas folks? I just hope the 'W' doesn't stand for 'Wallet emptying repair bill' :)

Thanx in advance

Zen.

Zen sorry missed this post. The 'W' stands for 'Winter' if there are slippery conditions then pressing this button causes the car to pull away in second gear.

Hope it helps

SARGE

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Just like to say thanks for the fuse diagrams, I don't have a manual and this has really helped me out tonight when the lights and the radio went off! Thanks Sarge!
Your Welcome, that's what it's about mate :thumbsup:

Sadly I don't get out much these days to do anything to my V, but will try once the weather gets better as well as my health.

Will hope to post more useful info as soon as.

Regards
SARGE

·
Registered
15 Posts
Reversing light adjustment

Hi, first post to this forum.
I have a problem with my V220 cdi Auto, the revesing switch or activating linkage must have moved because the lights no longer light unless I move the gear lever slightly out of reverse and towards the park position. Does any one know where the switch is situated and how to adjust it.

Thanks in advance.

From reading other posts it seems the linkage from the lever to the gearbox is via cable, is this cable ajustable or is it a job for a merc workshop?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there !
I have 203 c-240 . 2002 .The automatic transmission wont shift .drives only in first gear .and the check engine light came on . I disconnect the trany plug and was oil inside the harness . anybody had that problem? and how i can reset the transmission ?
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Hi there !
I have 203 c-240 . 2002 .The automatic transmission wont shift .drives only in first gear .and the check engine light came on . I disconnect the trany plug and was oil inside the harness . anybody had that problem? and how i can reset the transmission ?
Thanks for the help!
That is likely to need a new gearbox mate, you can get the gearbox ecu checked, but I think it is the gearbox itself.

SARGE

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
Sorry to post on the end of your long list but I am desperate for help. My 1998 C250 turbodiesel has a re-occuring fault. The interior lights pack up as do the remote central locking, central locking in general, electric windows( but not always all of them) rear wiper, electric mirrors etc. I recently fitted a radio so i disconnected the battery to fit it. When I re-connected everything worked again but this does not last long. I assume that there is a control module that affects these things as I used to work for BMW. Do you know where it is located and if this is a standard fault? Also, can you fit a new buld into the climate control display as it is very difficult to operate at night with no illumination? many Thanks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hello mate,
Dunno about the other stuff but you can change the bulbs for the climate control display, although it's a bit involved.
Essentially you need to take out the climate control panel to get to the bulbs fitted at the rear.
That means tou have to take off the cluster cover. (2 screws hidden behind the air vents at the top and 2 hidden in the recess filled by the stereo...which means the radio has to come out too!)
At the rear of the climate control panel, once you've got it out are two or three bayonet type bulbs. I'd suggest changing them all seeing as you've gone to all that grief to get at 'em.
Simple eh?

Hope this helps.

Rob

(Just realised that you don't have a vito but most of the components should be similar)

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi there ive got a similar problem as my door pin switch sows a live feed when door is closed but i only have one wire on the end ??? which i think is related to my cluster as the temp & fuel gauge has a live feed to them even when ign is off ....i know this becoz when i open and shut the door the gauges move??? anyone out there knows what it could be or had any similar problems please help

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a similar problem.

1: The switch on the passenger door is malfunctioning and will be replaced.

/Johan
Others may have mentioned this before and apologies if I am wrong.

I don't think the switch that operates the interior light (and possibly dash) is the push switch on the door post which operates the interior lights on most cars I have had.

I think the switch you are looking for may be part of the door lock inside the door and I think these had tolerance issues which may have been subject to a recall.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi im having problems starting my 110cdi vito ive been down to MB to buy the o-ring set for the pressure regulator dose anyone know how to fit them ?? ive took the uper manifold off ETC and can see the rail but just wondering if its a simple job not

regards relph

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I have a 110 cdi and am having a similar problem to lovethevito only my instrument cluster lights don’t go off. The backlight and the multifunction, clock and odometer, are on permanently.
At the moment I have to disconnect the multiplugs at the rear of the dash every time I leave the vehicle. Can someone confirm how and when the dash lights are supposed to function, should they come on when the ignition is switched on and go off when it’s switched off?

There are a number of other faults that might be connected, I have had to reconnect the passenger and drivers door (plunger) switches as they had been disconnected when I bought the van, the interior lights now work but I have an audible alarm sounding on the dash when I open a door with the ignition turned off, thought it might be a warning that the lights had been left on as in other vehicles, but there are no lights on, apart from the dash lights.

I have also removed the near side sliding door central locking actuator as it seems to be faulty and am locking the door manually, would this have anything to do with the dash lights staying on,
The central locking system does the lock, unlock, and lock sequence every time I lock it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards Raw40.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do you have a rear/front fog light switch? make sure it has not been switched on, I have a V220 and the same thing happened with my instrument lights, I found this answer elsewhere on this forum, to think I nearly took it to the garage.

Hope this helps.

81 - 100 of 273 Posts
About this Discussion
272 Replies
120 Participants
Running4myLife
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing