Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

61 - 80 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Credit goes to bigchrisrogers for this post

I think I've sorted my problem with the central locking. Every time I locked the doors they would lock/unlock/lock/unlock. SOmetimes even just opening the drivers door seemed to put the doors into this lock/unlock/lock/unlock cycle.

Carefully cutting open the boot in the drivers door hinge revealed 4 wires broken.

Couple of hours with some wire strippers, soldering iron, heat-shrink tube etc has reconnected all the wires and now the problem has gone away.

After re-assembling all seems O.K. except that now I cant open the rear windows from the front door switches. I guess another wire broken somewhere in that boot but it'll have to wait for another day, its just started to snow!

Chris
Attached Thumbnails

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am new here but maybe you guys can help me out. I need to find a charging system wiring diagram for a 84 280 SEL. I have replaced the Alt twice and voltage reg four times along with the batt once but it still will not charge. I must have a bad wire somewhere which is why i am looking for the wiring diagram.

Thanks

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I am new here but maybe you guys can help me out. I need to find a charging system wiring diagram for a 84 280 SEL. I have replaced the Alt twice and voltage reg four times along with the batt once but it still will not charge. I must have a bad wire somewhere which is why i am looking for the wiring diagram.

Thanks
Hi Keston, I set this thread up only for the V Class, please take a look through the list below and select the correct thread for your model, from where you will get appropriate information.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/

Sarge

·
Registered
4 Posts
wiring schematics

Hey Sarge,
I am looking for the wiring schematics/diagrams for an E55 AMG (2005). I am attempting to install E55 seats in a late model. There is a lot of wiring going on and I am looking for any resources that will make the installation easier.
Thanks,
Bheide

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
Hey Sarge,
I am looking for the wiring schematics/diagrams for an E55 AMG (2005). I am attempting to install E55 seats in a late model. There is a lot of wiring going on and I am looking for any resources that will make the installation easier.
Thanks,
Bheide

Hi Bheide, I have no experience or information of any other Mercedes, other than V Class.. sorry.

Please find the correct thread for your model from the link below, from where I'm sure fellow owners of your model will be able to help.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/

Sarge

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi ,i'm new to the site,i've just bought a v230 to do up,i think it's in limp mode as is stuck top i think ,and also the power windows/sunroofs and mirrors wont work,oh yeah and the speedo dont work ......any ideas or info???:confused:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't know the whole answer, but, a couple of years ago my '98 V230 air conditioning compressor electric clutch fell apart. When this happened, apart from the air-con not working, the auto-gearbox went into limp home mode, the electric windows wouldn't work and neither would the speedo! I guessed that in it's self destruction it had taken out a fuse or something electrical. I tried all the fuses I could find and they were all O.K. I was in France at the time and a local garage replaced the airconditioner, at not inconsiderable expense, and fixed it up for me. His english was worse than my French so I had no real explanation, other than 'you pay me now or you no get key'.

I'm not sure if I'm being helpful though except that my, very similar symptoms, were caused initially by the air conditioning compressor clutch.

Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
sound like a something that happened to me!! i too was in france only i was driving an old vw camper :p but thats another story !!

but cheers for the advice i will get it checked out....thanx!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hy i couldn't find anywhere, how to...Set up the clock on a 2000 V220, i only have the German user manual, and I can't understand what it sais... I read about.. Multifunction activation.. but i can't doo it.. and when it tels me how to set the clock it sais.. in Multifunction menu see page 39.. or something like that and then it tells me how to set the clock, but i can't do the first part :) so if anyone can tell me it would be very nice.
Thanks

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Hy i couldn't find anywhere, how to...Set up the clock on a 2000 V220, i only have the German user manual, and I can't understand what it sais... I read about.. Multifunction activation.. but i can't doo it.. and when it tels me how to set the clock it sais.. in Multifunction menu see page 39.. or something like that and then it tells me how to set the clock, but i can't do the first part :) so if anyone can tell me it would be very nice.
Thanks
ADJUSTING THE TIME

Switch to time mode (press button with clock symbol twice)
Hold same button down until the hour display flashes
Adjust hour using + or - buttons
Press button (with clock symbol) briefly the minute display flashes
Adjust minutes using + or - buttons
Press the button (with clock symbol) briefly and the time will be stored.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Success with setting the clock, now... i know that it was posted earlyer, but following those instructions i canot make it to show the oil level, with key in 2 position it doesn't apear the oil simbol on the display.. so i canot do what was written earlyer..
So how can I see the oil level, also :) is it possible to see average fuel consumtpion , if yes, how ?

Thanks

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Success with setting the clock, now... i know that it was posted earlyer, but following those instructions i canot make it to show the oil level, with key in 2 position it doesn't apear the oil simbol on the display.. so i canot do what was written earlyer..
So how can I see the oil level, also :) is it possible to see average fuel consumtpion , if yes, how ?

Thanks
Follow my Oil level checking post step by step, it does work, and I tested it before posting.
You will have to have the ASSYST computer otherwise I don't think it shows this.

As far as I am aware, there is no display of fuel consumption on these vehicles.

SARGE

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's a 2000 V220.. i recently changed the Dashboard Gauges with som identical. with ml/clock +/- buttons... on the old gauges which was foulty one time i saw the oil simbol, but now i followed the steps you posted and i didn't see the oil simbol.. I'l read it again, mabie I didn't read right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,
Anyone got any ideas how i can get my lcd display on the cluster to work? everythin else is working. thanks in advance

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi is there any way to change the display from miles to kilometers ?
According to a person from MB that I spoke to you can't reconfigure the clusters. If you can get a cluster that is already showing kilometers then it might work and perhaps MB would set it to show the correct distance too.

61 - 80 of 273 Posts
About this Discussion
272 Replies
120 Participants
Running4myLife
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing