Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

261 - 273 of 273 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
The message for oil HI is meaning the oil level is too high and needs some draining out of it to bring it into touch when the engine is warm. Measure the levels when cold and hot and compare.

the radio connections are various, but the reversing wire is located in a black bag in the dash passenger side up under the panel on the end of the dash. the plugs are yellow and the wires are white/blue .

as you say WIS can be a nightmare to navigate , but the feeling of elation when you find what you actually want is amazing lol.

If you need any help tracking anything down let me know .

Nick

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Nick.

Many thanks for the info I will take a look later, you say that the reversing wire is in a black bag!!!! never seen a black bag or any other colour bag used in wiring harnesses but you learn something new every day so they say do you know if the wiring harness is the same on all models or did they change it between models? I am asking as I would like to fit rear speakers and if the harness is the same then I may be able to just pick up the wires at each end instead of having to fit my own.

again thanks for your help

Regards Poppy Ann.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi again Nick,

I forgot to ask is there any way of getting a full wiring diagram of the compleat system or is it only available in sections?

Regards Poppy Ann.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
I have the digrams for them upto about 2006 , but nothing apart from trawling through WIS for anything newer. Nothing much has changed though to be fair . Have i sent those to you already ?? if not PM me and will send them to you.

If you remove the cap on the passengers side of the dash and delve in there will be a black PVC bag which has commoning connectors in it for the canbus and also reverse signal.

The wiring harness should be common to the 109, and 115 manuals, but would change between them and automatic . As for rear speakers, pretty sure its a new partial loom to wire them into the head unit.

Nick

·
Registered
8 Posts
help !

Hello guys,

is here anybody that can help me with the wiring diagram (schematics) of the mirror control unit ? I have a vito 1999 110 cdi. any help is very much appreciate.

Thank you !

·
Registered
23 Posts
wow,

had the van booked this tuesday at the merc dealers, the wont see me for sure, i was quoted nearly 200 quid to fix the central locking, thanks mate...

·
Registered
23 Posts
regarding the brake light, i had the same problem yesterday, i did change the break switch, the break light came on by it self, switched off the engine checked the switch, it was not fitted properly, so i removed it and fitted again it did not work, then went on the back of the car, tapped the indicator twice then pressed the break it came on, so its nothing to do with the brake switch, its the brown wire or earth wire that was loose.

Regarding the rpm, yes i did have the same problem, changed the coil pack it did not work still it could not go over 3000 rpm, then changed the ht leads problem solved.

no nothing to do with immobiliser, check the power supply, fuses, and wires going to the start motor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the digrams for them upto about 2006 , but nothing apart from trawling through WIS for anything newer. Nothing much has changed though to be fair . Have i sent those to you already ?? if not PM me and will send them to you.

If you remove the cap on the passengers side of the dash and delve in there will be a black PVC bag which has commoning connectors in it for the canbus and also reverse signal.

The wiring harness should be common to the 109, and 115 manuals, but would change between them and automatic . As for rear speakers, pretty sure its a new partial loom to wire them into the head unit.

Nick
Hi Nick Ive been reading this thread for a few days now. I bought a 2001 638 a couple of weeks back as a work van but its got a few problems before I can get it on the road. The latest is a problem with the drivers side headlight which is dim. Ive checked the bulbs and theres no dramas with that. When I checked the earthing I found that the whole headlight is earthed, lo, hi beam, parking light and indicator. Im guessing theres a big wear mark on the loom somewhere.
What im really after is any and all schematics for this van, the previous owner wasnt the most practical person and made a few mods...lucky he was selling it cheap lol.

Hopefully you can come to my rescue
Cheers
Chuckie

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Sorry to dissapoint you , the wiring diagrams i have are for the w639 not yours 638. It should be even simpler with yours as it is before tricky modern day electronic doodads lol . shouldnt be that much to go wrong.

Nick

·
Registered
1 Posts

Nick
Hi there, my name is norman, ive read some of your threads and came across one where you say you have the wiring schematics for the mercedes vito W639. Can you perhaps send me a copy please? thanks Norman

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I recently purchased a 2000 Ml430. I'm having an issue with the headlights. While I can get the headlights to turn on partially, here is what I found...(I've attached pictures with the corresponding number) 1. When placing the headlight switch to "p" nothing at all happens. No lights anywhere. This is with the car both on and off..... 2. When placing the headlight switch to the first or second position, the instrument panel turns on and the low beams do as well. No city lights, no halos, no lower amber lights..... 3. When the high beams are engaged, and the headlight switch is on, the low beams remain on, the halos light up, the city lights are on and the lower amber lights are on too. However, the high beam headlight remains off.... 4. When just engaging the high beams via pulling back on the switch, only the halos, city lights and lower amber lights turn on..... Any help to get this back to normal operating would be great.

To add just a few things here... the headlight bulbs are both h7 in the high and low beam slots. From what I can gather, it should be h1 for high, and h7 for low. Looks like someone may have modified this in the past for some odd reason. I've included pictures of the connector as well. Maybe directions on which wire should feed what would work here for me. I've checked fuses, bulbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I recently purchased a 2000 Ml430. I'm having an issue with the headlights. While I can get the headlights to turn on partially, here is what I found...(I've attached pictures with the corresponding number) 1. When placing the headlight switch to "p" nothing at all happens. No lights anywhere. This is with the car both on and off..... 2. When placing the headlight switch to the first or second position, the instrument panel turns on and the low beams do as well. No city lights, no halos, no lower amber lights..... 3. When the high beams are engaged, and the headlight switch is on, the low beams remain on, the halos light up, the city lights are on and the lower amber lights are on too. However, the high beam headlight remains off.... 4. When just engaging the high beams via pulling back on the switch, only the halos, city lights and lower amber lights turn on..... Any help to get this back to normal operating would be great.

To add just a few things here... the headlight bulbs are both h7 in the high and low beam slots. From what I can gather, it should be h1 for high, and h7 for low. Looks like someone may have modified this in the past for some odd reason. I've included pictures of the connector as well. Maybe directions on which wire should feed what would work here for me. I've checked fuses, bulbs.
attached connectors

Attachments

261 - 273 of 273 Posts