Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2001 W210 E320
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mercedes W210 , loss of indicator, central locking, wiper & front power windows happened suddenly today. mrboca and gurus what can be done to resolve this? All fuses are ok

·
Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
5,816 Posts
Have you tried disconnecting the battery negative terminal for an hour or so, with the key in your pocket, and knowledge of the radio code and the window / seat / sunroof syncing procedures ?

Also try to find out what else is not working . Rear windows ? central locking from inside ? trunk key ? Emergency flashers ? side mirror controls ? seats ?

·
Registered
2001 W210 E320
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
central locking works from inside. trunk release button not working, I cannot access the trunk. emergency flashers working perfectly, seat controls not working, headlights working

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Very likely an issue with the CAN B bus.

1) Try what I suggested in my first post (disconnect and reconnect the battery and then test the non-working equipment)

2) If still not solved, you need to remove the passenger side carpet at the foot-well near the sill, and look for a terminal strip with brown/brown/white wired terminal connectors plugged. Check for wetness and corrosion. With key out you can remove the terminal connectors, check for corrosion, and plug them in exactly the same place. Use electronic connector cleaner to clean the terminals and let them dry. Then try item 1) again.

·
Registered
2001 W210 E320
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cannot find the described terminal strip. I have stripped the passenger footwell

·
Registered
2001 W210 E320
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thanks for the diagrams. Update: I have permanently disconnected the central lock pump, so the electrical issues now happen 25% of the time .

however if I connect the central lock pump the wipers, signal indicators, power windows, power seat controls, side mirrors controls and rear window defroster will stop working permanently.

mrboca I have cleaned the SAMs and all, Is there someplace that supplies power to this circuit? note that all these components are powered after the ignition is switched on.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Well, obviously this is not a fuse issue, rather like a signaling issue. FYI the SAM is "permanently" powered by fuse 5 (15 amps) on the K40/2 (the fuse and relay panel that the SAM is attached to). Clearly, the SAM is powered up.

Since the PSE is causing the other functions not to work, it is likely that it is the culprit. If it interferes signals from the ignition module (N73) to the SAM, the SAM will not process the windshield wiper / turn signal commands, and also signaling between other modules like the door control , seat adjustment, etc. You can try replacing the PSE, but I personally would make sure that it is the offending module via the SDS / equivalent diagnostic tool prior to any replacement.

·
Registered
2001 W210 E320
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have tried replacing the pse module but it still acted same way. now I have cleaned the X30 canbus collection. no improvements yet, what do I need to do? does the attached have anything to do with the situation?
cc mrboca

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
6,814 Posts
I have tried replacing the pse module but it still acted same way. now I have cleaned the X30 canbus collection. no improvements yet, what do I need to do? does the attached have anything to do with the situation?
cc mrboca
You need to get scanner or somebody with the scanner that can monitor CAN bus in real time.

PSE module you have installed is it new or from bone yard? Is it coded to the car?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts