Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the pluses and minuses are of the Simca Unimogs and why? I saw an ad in Hemmings for the Marmon-Simca Unimogs w/ V8's for $4K + shipping from England. Is this a good deal or can you buy the Mercedes Unimogs in Europe for about this price as well? If so does anyone have any experience in buying directly from Europe?? Any ballpark estimates on shipping from Europe to the US and tariffs that will need to be paid?<br><br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
: Does anyone know what the pluses and minuses are of the Simca Unimogs and why? I saw an ad in Hemmings for the Marmon-Simca Unimogs w/ V8's for $4K + shipping from England. Is this a good deal or can you buy the Mercedes Unimogs in Europe for about this price as well? If so does anyone have any experience in buying directly from Europe?? Any ballpark estimates on shipping from Europe to the US and tariffs that will need to be paid?<p>Steveo,<p>I know nothing about ordering auto's from Europe but I do know something about the Marmon-Simca.<br>This is not a Unimog. True it does resemble a Mog but if you look closely, say under the body you will find the traditional leaf spring and live axle setup. They are equiped with the ever modifiable flathead Ford V-8. Not only will the Simca travel faster than a Unimog 404s, which it resembles, parts will be easier to find. I hope this has helped you.<br>Jim<br><br><br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
: Does anyone know what the pluses and minuses are of the Simca Unimogs and why? I saw an ad in Hemmings for the Marmon-Simca Unimogs w/ V8's for $4K + shipping from England. Is this a good deal or can you buy the Mercedes Unimogs in Europe for about this price as well? If so does anyone have any experience in buying directly from Europe?? Any ballpark estimates on shipping from Europe to the US and tariffs that will need to be paid?<p><br><br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
: : Does anyone know what the pluses and minuses are of the Simca Unimogs and why? I saw an ad in Hemmings for the Marmon-Simca Unimogs w/ V8's for $4K + shipping from England. Is this a good deal or can you buy the Mercedes Unimogs in Europe for about this price as well? If so does anyone have any experience in buying directly from Europe?? Any ballpark estimates on shipping from Europe to the US and tariffs that will need to be paid?<p><br>dont know about shipping steve but marmon,s here in u.k go for around £2500 ..about $3600 for a good one.But they are cheaper if purchased directly from france , if you know where, i dont, try browsing the net for private ads in france, i have seen them for $1500.I,ve just got one with a diesel in it for economy/reliability ,u know about our fuel. By the way, they r very strongly built and definitely have got coil springs all round and air brakes, good luck steve<p><br><br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts