Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering that the other night. Because a couple weeks ago, I purchased a 91' 300E, and I absolutely love it. Its my new baby. But, I know that when I was having trouble finding a Benz I could actually afford (i'm 16), I generalized, and said, okay, maybe I can just take any german automobile.. I looked at BMW's, and they just didnt seem to catch my eye as much as mercedes did. So anyway, is MB a higher end vehicle than a BMW? Or are they at about the same level. I read the thread below about buying a MB over a BMW, and same applies here - I in no way want to cause an arguement, i'm just curious.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My first Mercedes was a 1958 180. 26 Mercedes models later, I would still prefer the Mercedes over a BMW. I have also owned Audi, Saab, Volvo, and VW. If you ever crack one up, you will be happy you were in a Mercedes. Parts and service are just about equal. Find a good mechanic who can use his resources to keep your Mercedes in top running shape. 'An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!' If you can't keep the oil changed and the just the routine stuff, you will have more expensive bills down the road. By the way I've had two very serious accidents in Mercedes. I'm here to tell you the other guys were not! You have an excellent automobile. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: If you ask BMW forum, i'm sure they will disagree with you "Ed" !!! How fair is ....

I didnt ask for someones opinion, I was asking for just facts.. Like I said, for some reason mercedes just seems to come off as one notch above BMW.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had an E36 M3, and it was a sweet car. You will find people that hate certain cars and love others.....90% of the time its because they feel the need to 'belong' to something. Kind of like the morons that join gangs. Take the cars you want for a test drive, and see what you like better. I drive a CLK 320....I love it, but I also like many BMW cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts