Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having a lot of trouble fitting my new wheels onto my W123.

1st i bought the wheels in germany and had them shipped over.
2nd i purchased and mounted tires.
3rd i went to mount the wheels and they did not fit, the offset was way off.

so i went ahead and figured out what size spacers i would need, and found them on ebay. I purchased a pair of 31mm spacers from one seller and a pair of 20mm spacers from another.

The 31mm spacers came first, i was excited to try them on so i went and put one against the back of my wheel and WTF, the spacers have 14mm studs where as my wheels and the car have 12mm holes. I asked the seller if they would work on my W123 before buying and he said yes.

So i went back and forth with the seller for a week and he said he would send another pair.

Today my second pair arrives the 20mm spacers. These do not have studs, these you need to buy longer bolts to install them, so i went ahead and put one against my wheel and it fit, i was very happy. They are also 14mm holes but being hubcentric i thought it would be ok, they would stay in place.

I went ahead and removed my front wheel to try it on, and THE F*[email protected] spacer will not fit over my hub, the CENTER BORE IS NOT BIG ENOUGH.

I got home and checked my studded 31mm pair and they have the same size center bore.

So im screwed and need to know now WHAT SIZE CENTER BORE DOES A W123 240D have ?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet i didn't notice my post count. I have a fix for this problem. I will be spending a insane amount of money having my spacers machined =(

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Mercedes are great.
Bastardizing the wheels sucks........;)
:cool:
Agreed!
Jimmy, how come you don't post here more often? We need more of a Texas presence here, Cali's always showing us up!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Mine fit perfectly...and I love them! It is all in the research - no doubt! It is true - we do not have a lot or even many choices that will fit - but they are out there...Mine use no spacers...
Jake

Good luck on your mission!

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Agreed!
Jimmy, how come you don't post here more often? We need more of a Texas presence here, Cali's always showing us up!
I've been on here a little more lately. There just used to be an over-abundance of "dumb kid posts" about 2 years ago, and I just couldn't fight through it.
The main reason I enjoy this forum now is the posters from other countries. I love hearing about their "Mercs", seeing pics of their W123's {a large contingent of gassers} and just hearing things from a different point of view.
I don't hear as much from them on the other forum, but I guess that is because I'm in Diesel Discussion 100% of the time.
But, here I am in another tire/wheel thread.........;)
I also get good help and info here, and I do see my "other forum" buddies have a presence here also.
Nice to see you're the Mod on here too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
You didnt check the ET before paying for shipping from Germany? What are they? I have bolts that will probably work Ill sell for half of what I paid.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ET is not a problem.

·
Registered
10,152 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought one of my pairs of spacers from there. He said they would fit my W123.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
I bought one of my pairs of spacers from there. He said they would fit my W123.
If you need spacers then logically ET was a problem. I bought some spacers from EZ accessories as well and returned them when they wouldnt fit over the hub. The universal ones will fit, but be prepared for the wobbles. I think HR spacers $$$ are the way to go. Once you include the cost of the longer bolts, it is not so bad of an option.

You never said what kind of wheels these were.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Offset is not effecting in any way the fact that the spacers do not fit.

Like i said, i will be purchasing custom CNC machined spacers to my desired specs.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Oh right the lorinsers... Those are nice. What was the ET 35?

I just got some 2pc OZ racing wheels with et27. Probably gonna have to shim them :(

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes 35et. Also im wondering what they were originally made for. I was thinking W124, but it cannot be as the W124 has 14mm lugs and the wheels are 12mm which is the same as my W123. But ofcourse the offset is all wrong for my car. So are they for W126 ? does anyone know if W126 has 12 or 14mm lugs.

Lets see a picture of the OZ's

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Yes 35et. Also im wondering what they were originally made for. I was thinking W124, but it cannot be as the W124 has 14mm lugs and the wheels are 12mm which is the same as my W123. But ofcourse the offset is all wrong for my car. So are they for W126 ? does anyone know if W126 has 12 or 14mm lugs.

Lets see a picture of the OZ's
126 early model was 12. Later *might* be 14mm..

$200 on CL. What a steal eh?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts