Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a probelm with the heater fan on my 1992 300 sl 24 only works on first two speeds does anyone know where regulator is located as fan is useless at moment . thanks in advance stew

·
Outstanding Contributor
'03 SL500, '03 SL55, '97 SL320, (2) '91 300SL, (2) '91 500SL, '00 S500 -- all for sale
4,234 Posts
The regulator is located on the blower motor under all of the ductwork between the firewall and the engine. This problem could also be a defective in-dash climate control unit. I suggest checking the control voltage between the control unit and the regulator to verify the faulty component.

With a manual speed setting of "4" you should measure 5 VDC between the middle, female socket and chassis ground at the connector for the blower motor shown in this picture: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r129-sl-class/1440430-mercedes-sl-129-300-24-1992heater.html#post3443675. To be clear about this, it is the 3-pin connector on the left mounted above the three fuses hidden under the plastic cover. Anything significantly less than 5 indicates a faulty control unit.

I have all of the climate control components available for sale in working, used condition. Email for details if interested.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'd also like to point out that the blowerfan/regulator is a right pain in the backside to get to and remove. If doing it yourself prepare to end up with a whole bunch of screws and cuts and scrapes on the back of your wrists just make sure you remember where all the screws go.

P.S: That was my personal experience removing a blowerfan from a donor vehicle I am absolutely useless at working on a car myself usually, maybe there was an easier method of removing it.

Regards,
BANANA.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heater fan

hi thanks for all replys car does not have climate control only fan switch and manual controls no climate i shall check voltage monday .ps i have found fuse box with free metal strips in all strips are ok .so would it be regulator for fan someone else said windscreen wiper relay controls fan as well not sur if correct thanks for all the help stew

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
blower motor resitor pack how to remove

hi all check voltage with a multimeter 5.22v on centre terminal any won got a diagram how to get blower resistor pack off under bonnet thanks for all help so far much appreciated stew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts