Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive heard storys from some of my other friends with benz that sumhow there is a way to find a bunch of things on the menu screen in the dash. to begin with the previous owner had everything set up in spanish, how do i change the language settings and secondly, what is that secret menu? does it exist and how do u get to it?

·
Registered
CLK500, 2003 W209, Brabus Alloys, Quad Exhausts, Lowered H&R springs. All the bells & whistles...
84 Posts
When the car is stationary, you can access the settings for the display.
This includes changing the language and other preferences like, 12 or 24 hour clock display, temperature shown in 'C or 'F. You can also change it so that when you press the up down arrows in audio mode, it can either skip through the memory preset stations or search through the frequency range for any station depending on your preference.

To access these settings, press the display button until it shows the screen that says

Settings can be reset at standstill
(Return using R)

If the display is in Spanish it may say something like

Ajustes pueden ser repuestos en parada
(el Regreso que utiliza R)

As you go through the display modes, the settings mode is between the trip computer and the malfunction display.

Once on the settings home screen - Us the Arrows to scroll through each sub menu, Set Time > 12 or 24 Hr clock > Temperature units > Distance in km or miles > Language > Audio Station search > Settings Home screen

Within each sub menu, the + (plus) and - (minus) buttons control the selection marker or adjust the hours & minutes in the Set Time menu.

I think this is the secret menu you were asking about.

To clarify - if you press R when at the settings home screen (Return using R)
This will reset the factory settings, but only if you confirm by pressing R again.

Hope that helps
Max

·
Banned
2006 S500, 2003 ML350, 1996 C280 (Previously 2002 CLK320, 1995 C220, 1980 300SD TurboDiesel)
2,670 Posts
Thanks Max - you're the man.

·
Registered
2004 (w220) S500 & (R230) SL550 2007 & (W221) S550
698 Posts
W208 SECRET MENUS

The A/C system has hidden menus:

Press and hold the “EC” and “REST” buttons simultaneously for at least five seconds.
The screen will go blank.
Load the first code by pressing the right side “AUTO” button. You have several coded messages

If you have comand 2.0 system put it in AUX mode then then press and hold
MUTE "1" & "3" you have several screens of diags

·
Registered
2000 CLK430 2010 S550 4matic
532 Posts
There are other menus in the climate control. Press and hold REST for about 5 seconds - you can get the sensor readings individually by pressing the auto buttons to scroll through the list.

There is another secret menu relating to the coding of the climate control system. P1 and P2 correspond to the electrical coding depending on the model/options. I don't advise playing with the numbers because you can mess up the way the sensors are read and how the AC/Heating system works. The settings can be read as the last two numbers when you press and hold the rest button and scroll through all the sensors. The first is generally pretty high about 160 and up and the second can vary as very low 15 to a number plus the first. The sensor readings are important when you have to diag a compressor/duovalve or fans as it provides pressures and voltages.

You have to set the right at the highest temp and the left at the lowest. Turn off the car. Turn to on and while pressing the rest key. You'll see the P1 flashing - set the number with the rightmost temp up/down keys.

Again - if you code it wrong the AC won't function properly, the fan control will be wrong and the internal/external reading will be wrong.

The only reason you may want to recode it if you don't like the fan intensity digits displayed when in the AUTO mode. When I got the car it showed it but when they replaced my climate it disappeared. To get it back you need to add a value to the first P1 number. There is also a way to recalibrate the sensors +/- depending on the readings but its not really documented.

·
Registered
2002 CLK320
2 Posts
what is the correct setting for P1 AND P2....?

[ So there is a long list of codes, but which numeral digit should I put in P1 and which one for P2, 2002 CLK 320, CLIMATE CONTROL #210 830 3285.

Thanx:

There are other menus in the climate control. Press and hold REST for about 5 seconds - you can get the sensor readings individually by pressing the auto buttons to scroll through the list.

There is another secret menu relating to the coding of the climate control system. P1 and P2 correspond to the electrical coding depending on the model/options. I don't advise playing with the numbers because you can mess up the way the sensors are read and how the AC/Heating system works. The settings can be read as the last two numbers when you press and hold the rest button and scroll through all the sensors. The first is generally pretty high about 160 and up and the second can vary as very low 15 to a number plus the first. The sensor readings are important when you have to diag a compressor/duovalve or fans as it provides pressures and voltages.

You have to set the right at the highest temp and the left at the lowest. Turn off the car. Turn to on and while pressing the rest key. You'll see the P1 flashing - set the number with the rightmost temp up/down keys.

Again - if you code it wrong the AC won't function properly, the fan control will be wrong and the internal/external reading will be wrong.

The only reason you may want to recode it if you don't like the fan intensity digits displayed when in the AUTO mode. When I got the car it showed it but when they replaced my climate it disappeared. To get it back you need to add a value to the first P1 number. There is also a way to recalibrate the sensors +/- depending on the readings but its not really documented.[/QUOTE]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts