Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
E430T + 300SL (W107)
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a test duell in the lates copy of german auto motor & sport (europes largest car magazine). BMW did not have a chance at all. [:)] Mercedes had superior comfort, better engine/transmission and the handling was found to be equal.

I also learned that when it was known that Mercedes was gonna have the 500hp twon-turbo V12, BMW did a last minute tuning to increase the horspower from 422 to 445 (I think it is). Still more than 50 hp / 200 Nm less than the Mercedes...

·
Registered
'03 S600
14 Posts
Do you have a link to the article? I have not found any publication with performance sp...

Do you have a link to the article? I have not found any publication with performance specs for the S600.

No surprise on the outcome, however. The BMW is outgunned by a huge margin on power.

·
Registered
E430T + 300SL (W107)
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I have no link, but I will write a post with some figures from the test. If I rememb...

Sorry I have no link, but I will write a post with some figures from the test. If I remember correctly they ran 0-100 km/h 0.2 seconds quicker than factory ratings. Toop speed is however limited at 250km/h (maybe not so interesting for you americans).

·
Registered
71 Posts
RE: BMW V12 VS. MB V12

I HAVE THE OLD W140 S600 AND I HAVE RACED THE LATE 90'S 750IL ON THE HIGHWAY AND I KILLED IT. I ALSO BURNED MY BROTHERS 98 M3 FROM A STANDSTILL. MY S600 IS A 1992 AND IT BURNS THE BEST BMW COULD COME OUT WITH IN 1998. I DONT THINK THAT MERCEDES WILL TAKE SECOND PLACE THIS TIME AROUND EITHER.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts