Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALL MERCDES DOUBLE DIN KITS FOR SALE $100USD BLACK KIT, $150USD WOOD KIT $15USD SHIPPING

2000-2002 BLACK KIT

2000-2002 WOOD KIT

2003-2006 BLACK KIT

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi NavTool

Im in Brooklyn too
You sell those Pioneer Units too?

Local PickUp?
Yes you can do local pick up, we dont sell pioneer units but I can recommend you to a shop near us that we do business with

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are you saying that I can replace the radio in my 2004 SL500 with a new radio with NAV & Bluetooth?

How much would it cost?

Do I have to replace all of the wiring?

I'm In Cincinnati, Ohio USA

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you saying that I can replace the radio in my 2004 SL500 with a new radio with NAV & Bluetooth?

How much would it cost?

Do I have to replace all of the wiring?

I'm In Cincinnati, Ohio USA
To replace the radio you will have to buy installtion kit which is $100

You can use a proffesional shop to wire a radio in, you dont have to change any wiring you just have to add some

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do I have to take apart many things, such as carpet, panels, covers?

I have found a shop that will install this AVIC-Z3 radio for 2800.00

I can get the AVIC-Z3 on Ebay for 1100.00

How long did it take you to install it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Double din

Hi it doesnt take alot to install if you use proffesional hep
What if I want to do it myself. I have installed car systems before just for myself, but I never delt with anything like a Benz with fiber optics.

Is it something the average person could do?

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What if I want to do it myself. I have installed car systems before just for myself, but I never delt with anything like a Benz with fiber optics.

Is it something the average person could do?
I do recommend professional installation on this car, I would not recommend doing it your self

·
Registered
7 Posts
I do recommend professional installation on this car, I would not recommend doing it your self
I am talking to an installer in Cincinnati. He is saying that I can't install a new stereo in my 2004 SL 500 because of the fiber optics unless I install all of the wiring.
Also maybe it would cause "fault" codes

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok here how it works, fiber optics is only between stereo and amplifier, if you have also teleadi that's it, number one I can send you connector that closes fiberoptics loop but you probably dont need it, you will take out fiber optic connector from radio it will open loop with my connector you will close this loop again. secondly you will run wires from from your aftermarket stereo to amplifier in the trunk and connect aftermarket stereo to factory speakers. Another solution is to ad two small amplifiers one amplifier for factory speakers and another for factory sub woofers, best solution is to change all speakers, meaning front and back component and install a small amp, install aftermarket sub with an amp

·
Registered
1999 S500 W220
156 Posts
As Navtool has explained the install will be mainly new. If you have experience and detailed wiring you could do yourself, however if you damage something then your responsible. From my experience an install like this would take an amateur about a day and for what a Pro would charge it is usually worth paying for. Fibre is only for system you are removing (you will also lose steering wheel controls and display on dash).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am having the stereo installed by Best Buy in Cincinnati, ohio.
How can I get the things that close the fiber optics and any harnesses that I would need. Also, I want to know if Best Buy could contact you if they have any questions. Of course I would pay you for your time..

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i could sell you a thing to close the loop, you dont really need any othe wiring harnesses, best buy may contact with questions its ok

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello i would like to order your mercedes s-class w220 double din kit for my 2002 mercedes s-500, wood grain for 150.00, how can i order this kit.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts