Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1991 300 SE / 1983 280 SL Euro
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a good place to get Rims for these cars? Something With the mercedes emblem on it and not too flashy. My car has the stock 15inch rims and they dont look too good. I would like to find a set replicas or not that are a newer mercedes style 15inch 16inch or possibly 17inch.

·
Registered
500SL
79 Posts
i'm in the same boat - i have 15s on the 91 126 now, but I want to run 16s. I need to buy tires very soon, so I want this resolved!

Based on my reading, our vehicles require a 11 to 25mm offset in order to install without spacers. Otherwise, you will have to use spacers in order for other wheels to fit.

I was just on Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels, and they have a set of ASA mags that are replicas for around $110 per wheel that will fit.

·
Registered
1991 300 SE / 1983 280 SL Euro
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tire rack only has one option. they don't even come with the mercedes logo in the middle. there has to be better options. There is a place that makes nice wheels called OE distributors. but they dont have anything smaller than 17

·
Registered
1984 280SE, 2009 SL550
497 Posts
Try Adsitco for replicas. Not the best customer service, but the wheels are good, and a decent selection of MB wheels.

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe - RIP
10,014 Posts
Adsitco wants insane money for their wheels. If you want to save, go to a JY and get 4 matching 15 holes in either 15" or 16" (MB did not make 17's in that period, only the AMG OZ-3's). Get 4 matching wheels and take them to a powder coater and have them blasted and then PC the OEM silver. My guy charges $80.00 for a set of 4. I was there last week and saw a set going through and talked to them about it.

But that's only if you are handy and have Junk Yards near you.

·
Registered
1984 500SEL
91 Posts
What about getting your factory wheels professionally refinished?
Yea that was going to be my question... mine are in pretty bad shape but I'd rather go that route since I don't have the time to go JY hunting... need winter tires/wheel too but selection is crap on tirerack, and the few local "distributors" wouldn't know Mercedes rules if it hit them in the head. I've tried looking but nobody seems to have posted a decent place in the midwest. Will let you know if I find something since this is going to have to be my weekend project.

·
Registered
1987 420 SEL
2,097 Posts
Getting really decent wheels for these cars takes having money, patience and networking to the utmost. I waited for almost 2 years before I scored my 16" wheels. And I had to drive 2 hours to Brooklyn, NY to inspect them and make the payment in person. I'm very satisfied now!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1984 280SE, 2009 SL550
497 Posts
Adsitco wants insane money for their wheels. If you want to save, go to a JY and get 4 matching 15 holes in either 15" or 16" (MB did not make 17's in that period, only the AMG OZ-3's). Get 4 matching wheels and take them to a powder coater and have them blasted and then PC the OEM silver. My guy charges $80.00 for a set of 4. I was there last week and saw a set going through and talked to them about it.

But that's only if you are handy and have Junk Yards near you.
It's not insane money for replicas - certainly in line with TR if the OP was already considering those.

·
Registered
93 190E 2.6; 82 300 SD Turbo
1,689 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts