Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi does anybody know what other mercedes pse pump unit works in the mercedes r230 350sl year late 2003 , mine has had the dreaded water in the boot problem due to uk weather :-( looking for a pump but when you mention the sl they want 5 times as much as other mercedes models , ! cheerrs in advance

·
Registered
2004 R230 SL350, 2001 S203 C240
55 Posts

·
Registered
1999 slk230
4 Posts
In my experience, not exactly. pumps from other model will semi work ( s or cl or w220) Some aspect will work it you. You will have to do some test trial to see which port lock/unlock your left door, right door, gas cap, trunks etc. its not exactly the same. And plug the port that’s get activated but isn’t needed for your car. Such as a back door, have will to do some investigation on the small electric plug that’s tells that the trunk decider is down. It did not work for me so the car complains that the divider isn’t closed . Maybe a clk convertible will work the same as the sl.

Luckily for me my pump didn’t work because the motor seized but the circuit board was still working. I opened it up and looked at and found out. I just swap out the motor from with one of the other car and thing were normal.
Hope that help .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Outstanding Contributor
'03 SL500, '03 SL55, '97 SL320, (2) '91 300SL, (2) '91 500SL, '00 S500 -- all for sale
4,214 Posts
The switch which closes when the luggage partition is closed in the trunk is wired to the R230s PSE pump. I doubt the roof will operate if a pump from another chassis were installed.

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,455 Posts
  • Does the pump make any noise? can you hear and feel it working when you press the boot release?
  • First pull the 20A fuse behind the drivers seat #no.54 , this will reset the vacuum system, then see if the pump works.
  • Then check the connector at the PSE for water ingress, mines was all green ! cleaned it and all was good once more.
  • Remove the PSE pump, very easy, remove the 4 nuts for the plate above supporting the pump for the power hood and push this vertical to keep it out of the way, you can not access the PSE pump in the foam case.
  • Take a photo of the vacuum lines, checking for kinks or leaks.
  • Remove the PSE pump and if you are confident, take it apart to check for water ingress, check the solder joints etc. This link is German but is easy to follow:
  • Last point is the impeller at the end of the PSE, they are prone to cracking and can be bought separately on eBay, here is the repair video:
  • Note: Remove the rubber floor plug in the boot under the spare wheel, no water will come in and it will allow water to drain out for future issues.
P.S. I know a guy that may have a complete PSE and can provide details.

·
Registered
2008 SL 500
33 Posts
I sell reconditioned pump on eBay, that is my listing shown on aircondoc’s post.
The listing is not active at the moment, I am abroad, I return 5 Dec, I can assist then.
Any technical questions, just ask

1 - 7 of 7 Posts