Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd have to agree with this article. I regret getting rid of my Audi A4 Quattro after experiencing the problems with my C320 - broken plastic parts, bad key locks, radio, transmission shifting, window lifts, etc. <br>
<br>
Mercedes has truly gone downhill. Take a look... <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mmm... questions

Okay, <br> <br> I have a 2001 C320 that has had a few minor issues: squeeky seat, air seal noise, fuel pressure sensor, roof switch, alignment, squeeky brakes, etc. But these have all been minor and have been corrected under warranty. And this is a new model. So the question is, for me at least:<br> <br> - Is this not normal with a new range? BMW had the same I recall.<br> - If thera er all fixed under warranty, does it matter greatly?<br> <br> Michael<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BMW and Audi are better?

I have a Mercedes C320 and I have friends with a BMW 325i and an Audi A4. The interiors of there cars do not look more high quality than Mercedes and they complain about many problems on their cars. I havent had one problem with my car yet by the way...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Mmm... questions

- If thera er all fixed under warranty, does it matter greatly?<br> <br> I believe it does. It's a major nuisance visiting the dealership once or twice a month, whether or not it's under warranty.<br> <br> Unfortunately, I am not happy with my MB experience. My C320 and a friends C240 exhibit similar problems. The only positive thing I can say about MB is that the service was better than Audi's.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Mmm... questions

- If thera er all fixed under warranty, does it matter greatly?<br> <br> I believe it does. It's a major nuisance visiting the dealership once or twice a month, whether or not it's under warranty.<br> <br> Unfortunately, I am not happy with my MB experience. My C320 and a friends C240 exhibit similar problems. The only positive thing I can say about MB is that the service was better than Audi's.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: BMW and Audi are better?

Although my A4 was more reliable and/or robust than my C320, it wouldn't say that Audi and BMW cars are better. I have heard of plenty of problems from their owners. But, I do not think my C320 is a lemon either. My conclusion is that unfortunately, auto manufacturers use the same OEM supplers. This means that our MB's do not stand out as much as they used to. The biggest difference today is status, not quality.<br> <br> Regarding interiors, I beleive that Audi's interior is similar or slightly better than the C320's, and BMW's interiors was slightly 'worse'.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Calm down Al

Maybe you didn't understand my point Of course there is a warranty.<br> <br> It's a hassle to go to the dealer regardless of who pays for it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Read.

Al,<br> <br> Might be handy if you read the emails before commenting, especially if you are going to be rude. :)<br> <br> It IS a hassle. I just waited three days for my car while the dealer (Meray) spent those three days fixing a squeeky seat and noisy door (wind noise air seal), and did a wheel realignment. That means I had to go there, fill out forms, be ferried back and forth, then get a replacement car for a few days, then go back, more paperwork, etc.<br> <br> That is a hassle. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, and I know all cars need maintenance. But it's still a hassle and that is what the previous writer meant.<br> <br> Michael<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't argue I guess

I for the most part agree with you. It seems that Mercedes quality appears to have gone a little downhill, possibly though because they have decided to focus much more attention on the technoligical aspects of their car. Although BMW owners may argue that the S and C Class 'do too much for you', the car is so advanced there is very little you have to worry about...besides the cheap cup holders breaking that is. All major car companies are guilty of cutting costs in some areas, so when I chose my car I just lookes mainly at style, performance, and safety.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Sorry guys, I will be more realistic next time.

Thank you Michael! Part of the hassle is driving<br> 3/4 hour to the dealer and driving a clunker for three days, while they repair a squeeky seat.<br> RE Quality: Slam the door ( our fathers and grandfathers quality test) and look at the sheet metal shake !!<br> LOVE MY C320 despite all its minor annoyances !!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats a buncha BS!! i checked the archives of those mags and those articlses dont even exist!!!!

Who is dumb enough to make this up????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts