Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
ML 350 CDI - 2011 ( W 166 )
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ..Have a problem ... and thats also make me very pis....of if its really like this that the Swedish Agent have give me to answer when i tried to add my LED bar with 40 leds infront on my New ML... that i can´t put any extra on the ML beacuse of the Canbus System, but the E-Class and C-Class no problem they only send a firmware/code to the car and it will be possible to put the light that you want.
Then you members on this site that this is a I-Land Problem but the fact is that i mostly spend my time in car at the night and in sweden some others also are awake..... the Mooses and Dears etc ... so if its any kind member of this site who have a solution for this i would be really happy ... :)

Then when i also put this Thread ..its there any of you others with the new ML who is happy for the Comand Online Navigation ... In Europe its Really really Bad... when i go for some weeks ago to visit Disneyland in Paris .... its not find it and it show Gasstation (that you look for) but they never excist... but my Iphone find it Directly ... so thanks for that Apple....
And one more thing... ECO-Drive its there any thing to take it off/delete, or Fuse or something so you can turn it off...its really sucks beacuse the feeling is like someone is hit you from behind ... and it should save ... like 2 dl fuel on 1000 km so that saving i can live without ... so maybe its some setting that you can do in the Hidden Meny or something ? anyone knows ??

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
7,035 Posts
Please understand the Eco function is not common here in the US yet - it is now starting to appear in several 2013 models because the EU will soon require it for all new vehicles - it is more affordable to add to all ML production, and offer as additional/added/free/included features on US ML's.

The Eco function on your ML can be turned off using the ECO button above the Climate Control - it is the EU's requirement that is automatically activated when the ML is first started - but when turned off it stays turned off until you stop and restart the mL again.

In English from the ML Euro manual:

Interactive Owner's Manual [w166]

Please clarify -

1) Do you want to replace the MB LED running lights you have now with after-market running lights with more LED's ? Unfortunately at this time there are no pre-made aftermarket LED running lights for the W166 - the reason is no manufactuer wants to tool/do this because very few people want more LED's in their running light, they are happy with the MB led running light.

2) Or do you want to custom LED light strips inside the headlight housing at the bottom of the headlight ? Studio Vilner in Sofia Bulgaria has show a custom modifed 2011 ML350 where they custom made replacement headlights with added LED strip.

Good luck !

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think he means using the led bar that's installed behind the center lower grill as a fog light or in tandem with high beams? Does the vehicle throw a code when it senses extra current usage?

Mark

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes...

Yes you have right its together with the Highbeam i going to use it so i need a impuls to the leds so they start at the same time ...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now finally it has come a device that allow you to put extra high beam light or Ledbar to the ML and i will install it later this week but it would take the signal from the high beam and make it works with the extra light .. so coming with reply how it works when i got it install ..

·
Registered
2013 ML63 AMG (Frank)
13 Posts
AMG badging on non AMG vehicle ???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts