Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
None Yet But W163 Coming Soon
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm New To BenzWorld But I Am Very Acquainted To The W163. I Was Wondering, If I Wanted All The Benefits Of The Post Facelift W163 (4ETS+, Better Rust Proofing, Better Quality, Bigger Engines, More Availability), But I Also Wanted The Pre Facelift Look, Can I Buy A Post Facelift Model And Directly Swap Pre Facelift Bumpers, Mirrors, And Lights? I Looked Around The Forums And I Couldn't Find One That Answers This. I Figured This Would Be The First. That Is The First Question.

My Second Question Is More Complicated. What Engine Swaps Are Known In The W163? I, Personally, Wanted An M103 Or M104, But I Am Open To Explore Other Ideas. I Saw A WJ Jeep With A 6.2 Detroit Diesel, It Was Cool, Was Considering That. Well That Or A Buick 3800. But For Simplicity, I Am Going To Stick With Mercedes Engines. What About A OM646.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I'm New To BenzWorld But I Am Very Acquainted To The W163. I Was Wondering, If I Wanted All The Benefits Of The Post Facelift W163 (4ETS+, Better Rust Proofing, Better Quality, Bigger Engines, More Availability), But I Also Wanted The Pre Facelift Look, Can I Buy A Post Facelift Model And Directly Swap Pre Facelift Bumpers, Mirrors, And Lights? I Looked Around The Forums And I Couldn't Find One That Answers This. I Figured This Would Be The First. That Is The First Question.

My Second Question Is More Complicated. What Engine Swaps Are Known In The W163? I, Personally, Wanted An M103 Or M104, But I Am Open To Explore Other Ideas. I Saw A WJ Jeep With A 6.2 Detroit Diesel, It Was Cool, Was Considering That. Well That Or A Buick 3800. But For Simplicity, I Am Going To Stick With Mercedes Engines. What About A OM646.
Search button - top centre OR...
Google search ----------> "type in your search criteria here" (without the quotes) then add "site:benzworld.org" (without the quotes) or whatever forum you like.
GL.

And one second time to mimic wallyo...... :)

Please update your user CP info....

click on your icon----> click on Account Settings---->
goto Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
ADD your make model YEAR ----> click save

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh? Yeah. I Am Going To Set Up Better Hold On. Thanks For The Fast Responses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Start by adding to your profile, your model and year.

Face life are you referring to early w163 vs later
or w163 vs w164?
Response: I Am Referring To The Facelifted W163. So Can I Directly Swap The Bumpers, Mirrors, Lights From The Pre Facelift Model?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts