Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 01 SLK230 with 42K on it started making a terrible vibrating sound the night before last. Yesterday it kept getting worse. I am in Baltimore, MD so I called the nearest dealer R&H Motorcars and they are booked for 3 weeks. I talked them into taking it for a test drive they assured it was nothing serious probably a loose exhaust bracket. He also said my rear end had a leak so they will replace the gasket also. I was then concerned the gearbox may be dry but he said no way. I made the soonest appointment for July 31.

I called around to 3 other dealers and 2 of them told me by my disruption the catalytic converter fell apart but that wouldn’t heart anything either.

Well guess what on my way home with a fresh bag of groceries the rear end broke and left me stranded. I called back R&H, they had a rollback pick up my car, called me later and told me the rear end will be replaced.

I asked about a loaner car and they said they were all out! I asked about getting reimbursed for a cab ride home and and or a rental car but they said they don’t do that!

I bought this car new and it is under warranty, I expected a loaner car at least…

Am I correct that they should reimburse or provide me with a car?
[:(!]

·
Registered
86 560SEL
1,324 Posts
You should write a letter or e-mail a complain to the headquater of MBUSA. I did and they...

You should write a letter or e-mail a complain to the headquater of MBUSA. I did and they wanted to know which dealer I was talking about and would take whatever action to make sure my ownership of a Mercedes Benz would be a pleasant one. The problem is depending on where you live. When I was in Los Angeles, the services were great. But when I moved to IN, they are suck! Why? Probably less competition. That's my thought about the poor services.

·
Registered
9 Posts
LOANER CARS

yes, well unfortunately loan cars do not grow on trees, there are times they are in surplus other times there is a shortage. it is impossible to have enough loan cars all the time, regrettable, but unfortunate.

·
Registered
86 560SEL
1,324 Posts
I think when you schedule your services, you'd need to tell them you'd need a loaner so t...

I think when you schedule your services, you'd need to tell them you'd need a loaner so they could have one ready for you when you come in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts