Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
77 240d, 02 Ford F250 V10 (7mpg), 05 GMC Denali (The Baby Hauler), 2000 BMW 323CI (was my Bros car)
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This accident just happened about an hour ago a block from my house. I was in my office when I heard and alarming train whistle, the sound of sheet metal bending, and then train brakes. What a bone chilling sound. I ran to the 240 and drove down the street to find a mid 80's 300sd still running, until the fuel ran out, and a man a few feet away standing next to a woman who just happened to be there to get him out of the car. He had a small cut on his head and a very deep, to the bone, cut on the top of his right wrist. It’s amazing how the EMT training I had over 10 years ago in high school bounces back like it was learned yesterday. I did a quick assessment of him and while I was checking him out I finally got his phone number out of him and made a phone call to his wife. That was fun. The sad thing is they live an hour or so away so now she has to drive here to get to him. Long story short, he should be alright and thank God he was in the car he was in and there was no one with him.
Here are some pics from the camera phone. I will post better ones tomorrow.
300sd acc2.jpg

300sd acc1.jpg

·
Registered
77 240d, 02 Ford F250 V10 (7mpg), 05 GMC Denali (The Baby Hauler), 2000 BMW 323CI (was my Bros car)
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I talked to the conductor before the police and he said the car pulled right in front of them. It doesn't make any sense. The guy would have had to drive through the crossing arm. Maybe he was trying to kill himself or he wasn't paying attention and didn't know the arm was down.

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
That's strange, yes I would think he would have hit the crossing arm first.

Alright I'll say it.

It'll buff out. :D

Seriously though I'm glad he's OK, and that you were able to assess him immediately. This reminds me of one of the Top Gear episodes on train crossings!

·
Registered
money pits of various forms
5,885 Posts
Did you get the jack? :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No,:) I didn't notice it was there until I looked at the pictures. I drove by this morning and everything was picked up.

·
Registered
'82 300D
1,279 Posts
HE is lucky to alive.

I want the downed RR crossing pole, gate, bells and lights!! I collect railroad stuff.

·
Registered
2000 W202 Mercedes-Benz C250 Turbodiesel
1,442 Posts
WOW :eek: !

It's a miracle his neck wasn't severed by the impact - that certainly wasn't a low-speed crash.

He most certainly would've been killed if that was a right-hand-drive car, though...

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1979 280CE
6,118 Posts
What is pictured in the second pic from the top? The first pic shows a W126 but what does the second show?

·
Registered
1979 280CE
6,118 Posts
Oh I see!!

·
Registered
1979 280CE
6,118 Posts
Don't you think the current model mercedes with Pre Safe technology, Upteen air bags, start of the art braking and acceleration are much more safer than any W123 or W126. :argue:
NO!!!!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts