HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
that is sooooooo true!

matteus

·
Registered
bmw m5
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's bring driving pleasure to me ;) eveyrone kno that mercedes r hp monsters but can't co...

it's bring driving pleasure to me ;) eveyrone kno that mercedes r hp monsters but can't corner for shit

·
Registered
46 Posts
Quattro love ur comment. LOL LOL but everyone let's also keep a look out........

.... of the up and coming M5. That damn thing's got 500 HP's!! yeah it looks pretty weird and all, but man were bound to get our asses kicked by that thing! were introuble! why the hell benz always produce counterpart with less HP. dont frigg'n get it!

here's a website for you to see and read:

http://www.bmwnation.com/gallery/5/e60e61/gallery_5_e60_01.html

http://www.autofiend.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=75

http://www.autofiend.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=76

·
Registered
560 SEC Supercharged(sold), E55 AMG, Renntech CL600 Bi-turbo, Porsche 928
1,989 Posts
"why the hell benz always produce counterpart with less HP. dont frigg'n get it!"

Huh?

"why the hell benz always produce counterpart with less HP. dont frigg'n get it!"

Huh?

BMW is waaaaaay behind in the horsepower race with Mercedes' introduction of the new 55 AMG's and twin-turbo S600. The new 4 door S600's can do the quarter mile in the 11's with an ECU upgrade, on a drag strip, and it can do the low 12's stock out of the box. In a straight line they would beat a stock 911TT or Viper just about time.....just point and press the accelerator and the Mercedes' tranny will do the rest. The new 55's can do the 1/4 in low to mid 12's. That's the reason BMW is upping the power for next year. They didn't like getting knocked off their preverbial horse.

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
2,245 Posts
yeah,
that is so true!
BMW has always come behind mercedes.
And even behind Audi.

yeah,
that is so true!
BMW has always come behind mercedes.
And even behind Audi.

·
Registered
bmw m5
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hahahahhaha......mb and audi gets power by forced induction. If i want a forced induction...

hahahahhaha......mb and audi gets power by forced induction. If i want a forced induction car i would just go buy a japanese car and put it on myself....u get more hp that way anyways. Ferrari and Beamers takes time to build their engine. Mb just slaps on a supercharger and calls it "amg". It's about the hp/litre concept, not that how much power it gets.

engines:
bmw m3-i6 3.2L 24 valve (4 valve/cylinder), 333hp
ferrari 360-v8 3.6L 40 valve dry pump (5 valve/cylinder)-400hp

these 2 car's engines hav higher than 100hp/litre, now lets look at the clk-gtr, and clk 55

clkgtr-7.0L v12 600-612 hp, not clear about their force induction

clk55- 5.5L v8 twin turbo, 375hp i believe?

if ur too lazy (or don't kno wut it means) to read wut is above this msg, then read this one below:

mb engines r crap

mclaren f1 > clk-gtr

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
CL55, & SL55 AMG has a supercharged engine rated at 493hp & 516 lb-ft tq

CL600 & S60...

CL55, & SL55 AMG has a supercharged engine rated at 493hp & 516 lb-ft tq

CL600 & S600 have a twin turbo V-12 rated at 493 hp and 590 lb-ft tq. The acceleration of these cars is in line with new Dodge Vipers and the 911 GT2. With an upgraded ECU this car can run mid 11's. I don't know of any BMW's that can do this off the shelf with just an ECU upgrade; in fact, I don't know of any with factory or aftermarket forced air induction that can accelerate like this.

CLK 55 AMG has 362 hp(natural aspiration) and 376 lb-ft tq

Mercedes has 6 different lines of vehicles that do 0-60 faster than a brand new M5 and another 3 that will do 0-60 in under 5 seconds.

Mercedes beats BMW in resale value hands down! BMW wins in cornering. Mercedes wins big in acceleration. Mercedes also wins waaaaaaaaay big in styling of their new models. What was BMW thinking with their styling. The trunks on the new BMW's remind me of a 1970's era Cadillac Seville and a Chevy Citation.

I'd still take a Mercedes any day over a Big Money Wasted.

·
Registered
bmw m5
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
like i said, slapping on a supercharger doens't prove the point that the car is better. i...

like i said, slapping on a supercharger doens't prove the point that the car is better. if all u care is about straight line, then u should get a japanese rice rocket.

btw u guys r comparing a new car to a car that is......like almost 6 years old (e39 was introduced in 1997)

i believe the new m5 can rape new e55 without any forced induction. but if u slap on a supercharger on the old m5 (just like ur e55s), it gets up to 602hp, i believe the new e55 should be around that or a lil more if u tune it? but still a car from the past can achieve this is amazing

m5 has better breaking and handling too (according to my friend's dad, who's a test driver for car & driver)

mb should spend more time developing their cars, cause slapping on a factory supercharger makes itself no difference from the japanese car companies

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
2,245 Posts
Re: hahahahhaha......mb and audi gets power by forced induction. If i want a forced induction

hahahahhaha......mb and audi gets power by forced induction. If i want a forced induction car i would just go buy a japanese car and put it on myself....u get more hp that way anyways. Ferrari and Beamers takes time to build their engine. Mb just slaps on a supercharger and calls it "amg". It's about the hp/litre concept, not that how much power it gets.

engines:
bmw m3-i6 3.2L 24 valve (4 valve/cylinder), 333hp
ferrari 360-v8 3.6L 40 valve dry pump (5 valve/cylinder)-400hp

these 2 car's engines hav higher than 100hp/litre, now lets look at the clk-gtr, and clk 55

clkgtr-7.0L v12 600-612 hp, not clear about their force induction

clk55- 5.5L v8 twin turbo, 375hp i believe?

if ur too lazy (or don't kno wut it means) to read wut is above this msg, then read this one below:

mb engines r crap

mclaren f1 > clk-gtr

hehe: I love forced induction on gas engines, as long as it is done with thinking. Japanese cars just have a lot of pressure, and that makes a big turbohole and lag. This is not so with the mercs. I don't know of a bmw or even a jap car that develops 700, 800, 900 or even 1026 NM or torque from 1800 rpm all the way up.
You know the new BMW 3.0L I6 diesel engine? It injects
BMW doesn't even know how to put a turbo on a diesel engine. Once I drove a 320d touring, from a guy I know, and the car had 136 bhp (standard). I came out of a tight corner, and wanted to acc. away in second, at about 1200 rpm. in normal diesel cars this would be no problem. This thing had so little pullingpower, I HAD to shift to first because a car was coming right behind me. This is crap!
And the new 'style' (if you can even call it style) is so freaky! It's to personal. I don't think they're gonna get a wide public for their new cars.

eh well,
Mercs still rule the world, no question about it.[:D][8D]

greetz,

matteus

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Put a supercharger on that M5 and tell me how long it's going to last......not long. The ...

Put a supercharger on that M5 and tell me how long it's going to last......not long. The M5 wasn't designed to be supercharged and especially not a positive displacement supercharger. Slap a supercharger on an M5 and drive it like you stole it for 100,000 and see which one will still be around. There is no doubt the M5 would be toast. They have had so many problems with their normally aspirated engines that forced air induction hasn't even been a thought.

BMW used to build turbocharged cars. Why don't they do it again? They weren't afraid of a turbocharger in the 70's so why are they afraid now?

Look at the resale value of the BMW cars. They suck! I thought about getting a BMW but there is no way I'd buy one after reading about all the horror stories and BMW's lack of compassion and manufacturer support for their customers that bought these POS cars.

Forced air induction is a very good way to make huge useable power. When you make big hp form a NA car and the displacement is small, the car will make the power way up in the rpm range; therefore, you will have very good peak hp but not very good low and mid range useable hp or tq. Take that same small displacement car, modify it for forced air induction, and put a turbo or supercharger on it and the car will have more useable hp and tq throughout the rpm range. Basically the engine will act like one with larger displacement and as you should know there is no replacement for displacement.

·
Registered
bmw m5
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol mercedes rules the world? they never did...

on the market, gt track, and f1 track. ...

lol mercedes rules the world? they never did...

on the market, gt track, and f1 track. beamers owns mercedes. (and shumacher owns everything =))

forced induction can be added by urself with ur own thinking, u don't need any car factory to put it on for u (factory forced induction sux anyways)

if ur talking about forced induction done with thinking, then take a look at porsche. mb never done it with thinking, they just slap it on. That's y they always get the amg models in production faster than the bmw m models and the porsches

turbo diesel was an option to victory, but now turbo diesel is just crap ;) turbo diesel is only useful on that truck on my pic

style is something that satisty/fools ur eyes, wut really matters is the design. design means problem solving; form always follows the function of the product. If mb is all about large engine w/ forced induction and style, then they're not any better than the american car companies ;)

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I don't drive a track car on the street and neither does the public. I could really care ...

I don't drive a track car on the street and neither does the public. I could really care less what Mercedes, Porsche, Audi, or BMW does on the racing circut because it means nothing to me on the street. Yes, occasionally they do bring some of these tricks to their street cars but it rarely amounts to making the car a racer. Making an engine last for a few hours is much different from making one that will last 300,000. I think BMW has the few hours down its just the rest......

How can you possibly say that Mercedes or any other manufacturer just slaps anything other than a sticker on their cars? Mercedes engineers design and engineer cars that will last. That longevity and superior engineering means better resale value. Period. I think BMW engineers do a fine job with the suspensions but they don't put everything in as nearly as nice of a package as Mercedes. Hell, I'm not a purist to any car or manufacturer but I call it like it is. BMW does not build cars that will outlast Mercedes' and the resale value shows. Period!

Where did the diesel comment fit? Mercedes also builds an excellent diesel engine. Probably the world's finest. I'm not one for diesels in cars either but there are other manufacturers that use them too.

You know if you like BMW that much. I say hoo rah for you. I don't think you should come on a Mercedes discussion board and bad mouth Mercedes cars. I could go on the Beemer boards and make everyone feel really bad about buying a Big Money Wasted and remind them at the fact their car is virtually worthless in the used car market and all of the other really bad engineering BMW has done.

What about the countless number of cars in recent years that blew the motor because they didn't know how to properly coat their engines with Nicksil. BMW made the excuse that the US uses fuels that are too high in sulfer. They weren't willing to accept the responsibility of their poor engineering. Porsche has been using Nickasil for over 20 years on their road going cars without problems. You probably didn't even know about all the BMW engines that failed because of that? Let's not forget about the crappy engineering of the old 750IL's V12 engine. Wooow, what a piece of crap. Oh yeah, what about the newer BMW M3 engine failing at 10,000 miles because the're such junk. Don't feel too good about BMW now do ya?

·
Registered
4 Posts
what difference does it make whether its forced induction for not? isn't it about quick...

what difference does it make whether its forced induction for not? isn't it about quickness?

·
Registered
bmw m5
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: what difference does it make whether its forced induction for not? isn't it about quick

what difference does it make whether its forced induction for not? isn't it about quickness?
forced induction is basically adding power

imma take a fucken timeout here lol..... head is exploding

·
Registered
2002 E320W4
242 Posts
i think your forgetting who powers mclaren. i do agree that i would rather have a natura...

i think your forgetting who powers mclaren. i do agree that i would rather have a natural aspirated motor, which is why i enjoy honda's so much. but forced induction is an easy power adder as long as the motor is built for it. you don't just slap on a turbo or supercharger and go. you have to make sure the block is built to handle high amounts of torque(not horsepower, torque) and the head has to be designed to give a decent compression ratio that will prevent detonation. plus, AMG motors are handbuilt and i'm sure you've never driven a MB car, but the chassis is very capable of good handling. they have always been tuned to be more of a cruising car but i personally think that there is more put into the chassis design. both are very excellent and capable manufactors, its really what you want, more classic styling with tons of torque or slightly boring with a nice linear power feel. the biggest selling point of a bimmer for me is that manual transmission offering and the lack of AWD in the 5-series was a turnoff to my parents on both purchases of E's.

i really can't figure out why you keep posting this old picture in all the sections of this forum. only an immature person would do that and the vehicle in your signature keeps changing. let me tell you something, this forum is not like many other car forums...there aren't ricers or rednecks here. there aren't alot of people that you'll piss off. its not like some of the other forums i belong too (corvetteforum, honda-tech, etc...)

·
Registered
46 Posts
This whole discussion (maybe) got started when I said.......

This whole discussion (maybe) got started when I said.......

"why the hell Benz always produce counterpart with less HP. don’t frigg'n get it!"

and this is exactly what I mean.
(read posted mag article)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 60 Posts