Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new C240 4matic. Do I need to remove the Mercedes hood ornament before going through a car wash? If so how do I remove it? Can't find anything in the manual. Thanks.

Frank B

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
open the hood>>>

then you will see the metal knob with spring in the middle, grasp it with your thumb and point finger then twist it counter clockwise till the lock align to the notch, then full from the top[:)]you might as well hold the star with your left hand while twisting the metal knob...thats all.[8D][;)]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: open the hood>>>

Thanks Jim.

Do people remove it if they use an autowash? Does the hole pose a problem? I assume a little water and suds getting through won't hurt anything.

Frank B

then you will see the metal knob with spring in the middle, grasp it with your thumb and point finger then twist it counter clockwise till the lock align to the notch, then full from the top[:)]you might as well hold the star with your left hand while twisting the metal knob...thats all.[8D][;)]

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
You r Welcome;-)

Do people remove it if they use an autowash? Does the hole pose a problem? I assume a little water and suds getting through won't hurt anything.
Yeah some people removed them when they want to use the autowash especially people live in a cold weather,but over here we shouldn't have any problem. about the hole... getting some water inside it won't get hurts. I sprayed water on my engine when I cleaning it[:D][:D]

-j

·
Registered
1999 Mercedes ML320
809 Posts
here is an idea.. don't take it through an automatic wash. You must love swirl marks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts