Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know in which forum but I need help!
I have a Mercedes Diesel engine on my 1938 sailboat,lying in the south of France.
The Mercedes engine is OM 321 type, 6 cyl. 100HP
about 1962 . we make a long checking after 15 years (!!) of good work,every thing is now correct except the cylinder head gasket ,I can't find one! so if some body can tell me where in europe or else where I can find one ,please thank you.
sorry for my english.

·
Registered
Dutch Barge
2 Posts
Hi Firuz, I have recently purchased a boat (Dutch Barge) fitted with the OM 321 engine and did have worrys about the availability of parts given the age of the engine but I have come across a company in England (Mitchell Diesel, Telephone 00441794518744 ask for Kim) and there is also a company based in India

(copy of email reply)

OM321 - Bore Dia.95 mm
We can supply the following parts for the above engine:

Piston
Piston Rings
Cylinder Liners
Main & C.R.Bearings
Gaskets
Engine Valves & Valve Guides
Crankshaft

We are sure we can supply you other minor items as well such as oil seals,fan belts etc.One main thing to be considered here is that OM321 is an old engine,which has got very less population here in India.Consequently,the Indian component manufacturers are making its components for the export market,but the quantities should justify the production schedules.

Mobile: 91 9810048227
Web: www.lmc.in

(end of email reply)

Hope this is of help... I am trying to locate a service manual if you come across one.
Kind regards, Andy Kayll

·
Registered
Dutch Barge
2 Posts
Have just had an email back from the Indian supplier to say that they can supply Head Gasket for the OM321 at a cost of £6.25 each. This would have postage on top but I am considering ordering a couple for spares as this is such an important gasket.
Will see how much they are localy but if I can order a quantity then the postage per item reduces.
Kind Regards, Andy

·
Registered
dutch tjalk
1 Posts
Hi Andy,

You can order a manual at http://classic-truck.de
They are selling copies of a manual containing all the "3" engines.

Wil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts