Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

If you like to change the oil yourself like I do on my Benz clk350 2007; all you need is: Mercedes-Benz tool part numbers: 103 589 02 09 00, 103 589 00 09 00 Hazet tool part number: 2169. This is the 74mm 14 flutes oil filter wrench. I bought mine from an Ebay seller called: sg-motorsports for $11.99. The oil filter wrench worked like a charm saving me money and time.:bowdown:

Merky54

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,447 Posts
I just have one of these - it fits all my cars:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Rodney,

I have that same tool you are showing on picture. However, I can tell you that it did not worked on my vehicle. It slipped-off specially if oil filter cover was screwed in hard. The socket type tool I describe above is the right tool. You simply place it on oil filter cover and it screws out no matter what. It also is made of hard aluminum which will not bend or rust. It cost me $11.99 and sure beats having to pay an arm and a leg for an oil change somewhere else. Furthermore, I posted the info 'cause I couldn't find anything online regarding what was the right tool. Therfore, I believe folks like me that like to change their own oil could benefit.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,447 Posts
Hmm, my "universal grabber" has worked just fine on all my MBZ's. Maybe someone just put your oil filter cap on too tight? But yes, the part you reference is the "correct" tool. I just like having this one tool that fits everything, including whatever "appliance du jour" vehicle my wife decides to buy, like the Nissan Murano that was an oil change nightmare. Luckily her current one (Jeep Grand Cherokee) came with free oil changes from the dealer. After going top-side with MBZ's, I hate crawling underneath to change the oil.

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
49 Posts
I went ahead and bought the factory wrench. The extra money spent up front already paid off in the garage for "do it yourself".

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
49 Posts
The wrench fits nice and tight. If you cannot remove the filter cover from the wrench you can turn the bolts clockwise and break the cover free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts