Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes C280
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Yesterday our Mercedes C280 was totaled, all front end damage. We have no option really but to part the car out to try and re-coupe some of the investment. We had liability only, and was at fault so we basically lost.

All the parts on the car are excellent and work, we thought maybe selling the parts cheap would be best rather than just junking the car, seems like a waste when someone may be able to get use out of what we have.

We are now on the look for another Mercedes C280 similar to what we had, but I think full coverage for sure this time. Does anyone know any good online sites for locating a 1997-1999 C280?

We've been searching eBay all night and found a couple nice ones, but I want to weigh all our options before diving in. If anyone is looking for any parts for their 1997 C280 I may be able to help.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2002 ML55 AMG, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited, 1999 C280
4,714 Posts
Hello. Yesterday our Mercedes C280 was totaled, all front end damage..........We are now on the look for another Mercedes C280 similar to what we had, but I think full coverage for sure this time. Does anyone know any good online sites for locating a 1997-1999 C280?

We've been searching eBay all night and found a couple nice ones, but I want to weigh all our options before diving in. If anyone is looking for any parts for their 1997 C280 I may be able to help.

Sorry to hear about the accident.

I've started you off with 1997-1999 C280s at cars.com at link below:) :

Used Cars for Sale - Cars.com

·
Registered
95 C220
1,362 Posts
parting out is the best to go for the totaled w202....

where you located???? it helps to post where you are located...

·
Registered
95 C220
33 Posts
The bluegrass state....I'll take a stab at it. I think that's Kentucky isn't it? I am no Yankee so I am not sure. lol

·
Registered
ML320,C230, F250, Bayliner, Mountain Bike, Fleetwood Motorhome etc...
1,839 Posts
Does anyone know any good online sites for locating a 1997-1999 C280?

craigslist.org. I bought my last 3 Benzes from private party there.

·
Registered
304 Posts
autotrader.com / craigslist

ebay tends to be overpriced dealers, but not always...

you will find better selection on autotrader/craigslist

·
Registered
2000 E320, 1997 C280
9 Posts
Need Rearview Mirror

Sorry to hear about your C280. I have a 97 C280 and I'm looking to replace my rearview mirror. Mine was a dimming mirror, do you have one you want to sell?

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes C280
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry to hear about your C280. I have a 97 C280 and I'm looking to replace my rearview mirror. Mine was a dimming mirror, do you have one you want to sell?
Hello. Yes, ours was. It still perfect and available. Make an offer if interested. Thanks

·
Registered
1999 C280
4 Posts
I need parts... Want to sell em?

Sorry to hear about your car... I hope no one was seriosly injured... well I have a 1999 c280 black with a beige interior does yours have a beige interior? if so.. I need a few things since I just got it... would you be willing to sell the:

CD magazine/cartridge that goes along with your CD player
One of the blinds that goes with the sunroof
the Cupholder device
the mounting clips for the dust railing below the doors or tirm the speaker casings for the Bose audio system...

That;s what I need if you could provide that in beige I will buy it from you on ebay ASAP!

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes C280
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry to hear about your car... I hope no one was seriosly injured... well I have a 1999 c280 black with a beige interior does yours have a beige interior? if so.. I need a few things since I just got it... would you be willing to sell the:

CD magazine/cartridge that goes along with your CD player
One of the blinds that goes with the sunroof
the Cupholder device
the mounting clips for the dust railing below the doors or tirm the speaker casings for the Bose audio system...

That;s what I need if you could provide that in beige I will buy it from you on ebay ASAP!
Sorry, our car had black interior. I am sure someone else on here may have items that you need, wish I could help.

Thanks for your interest.

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes C280
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry to hear about your accident. I am glad everyone is okay, though.
Thank you. Everyone is fine, and no one was hurt. My mom had borrowed the car and totaled it. I was a little angry at first, but then I realized that it's more important she's okay. I still miss the car though.

·
Registered
w202, w124, w220, w210
142 Posts
I need the driver side passenger door molding. I bought one but they gave me the drivers side, and didn't notice. :crybaby2:

·
Registered
1995 C280 (165K mi)
1,738 Posts
Where's the list posted? and do you have the wiper control stalk, hazard switch? how much?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts