Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently (one month) i bought a mercedes c220 (DECEMBER 2004) with the GPS AP50. Originaly it had the 3.0 Software witch i updated to 9.0. My problem is that my GPS its not accurate, it's allways wrong. When i'm driving he seems to be traveling in another road nearby.... maps are ok... the problem is the position.... when i push my streering wheel options for GPS info the directions are allways changing (N,NE, S, SW) allways spining.... anyone can help me?

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
I assume it is seeing satellites fine (MAP update should not make it worse)?

Was it better before the update? It could be an antenna issue but it normally ends up to no satellites seen.

I don't have any Audio 50 APS user guide, does this device need speed signal calibration? Perhaps it does it automatically like my COMAND does it, perhaps it was reset at the map update and takes some time to start working properly. There should not be any "known issues", at least I'm not aware.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The update didn't make it worse... it has signal... its really strange. i'll try to mesure the gps points with a Tom Tom device and see if they match up.

Anyone with a AP50 manual... post please :)

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
What is your car's exact build date? There is a bad batch of GPS antennas but only some time before December. But W211 GPS antennas have failed other than that (does it have the GPS antenna at the rear window?).

How many satellites does it read typically?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Might be off the subject...naviagation help!

I have a 2005 CLK 320 and a 2006 SL 55...what is the most current navigation map that is out there? Is this a DVD or CD?

Thanks!!!:confused:

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
I have a 2005 CLK 320 and a 2006 SL 55...what is the most current navigation map that is out there? Is this a DVD or CD?

Thanks!!!:confused:
I'm not sure if you and Navteq both talk about "US model years" but it looks like both cars would have Navteq maps. You can find the latest version here:
NAVTEQ - Maps for your Navigation System

No need to buy it from there but that too is an option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is your car's exact build date? There is a bad batch of GPS antennas but only some time before December. But W211 GPS antennas have failed other than that (does it have the GPS antenna at the rear window?).

How many satellites does it read typically?

Yes, the antenna is in the rear window... i cant say 4 sure the exact date cuz i'm still waiting 4 registration papers... normaly it has signal for 7,8 up to 10 sat. However im proud to say that lately it seems to be working better... about 90% of the times.... i bought a new atenna but havent installed it yet

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
Yes, the antenna is in the rear window... i cant say 4 sure the exact date cuz i'm still waiting 4 registration papers... normaly it has signal for 7,8 up to 10 sat. However im proud to say that lately it seems to be working better... about 90% of the times.... i bought a new atenna but havent installed it yet
7 satellites should give a reasonably accurate position. Sounds like the antenna is OK.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there,
Did you resolve this issue? I have exactly the same problem. My car is a clk 200 compressor 2005. My gps run with an audio 50 Aps.

Thanks guys.

Alex

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there,
Did you resolve this issue? I have exactly the same problem. My car is a clk 200 compressor 2005. My gps run with an audio 50 Aps.

Thanks guys.

Alex
Hi guys,

This morning I have try to look forward how looks my gps antenna. Reading the several post about antennas, I tried to search it within the trunk. Then I got a bad surprise. I saw that I have been hurted in the stop line light over the plate. It was a little crash, however I assume that water from rain or snow could fall within this trunk part and as a result some condensation should take place within it.
It could be an answer about the antenna's issue. Now I try to remove the emergency triangle however I don't know how to proceed in order to get the antenna. Someone can help me?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Alex

1 - 10 of 10 Posts