Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I go out cruising tonight, and a few after getting on the highway driving along at 70MPH just relaxing. Three lane highway was on the furthest inside. Around five cars trailing behind seven or eight lengths back. See this white figure start to appear center in my lane. Turns out to be some drunk/drugged or just plain suicidal guy standing there looking right at the c32 not moving at all. Slam brakes full force 70-20MPH in a matter of a second. Start to veer towards the shoulder, and he runs same direction! Had to turn heavy into left lane to dodge this crazy guy.

He was seriously lined up dead center with the c32 at first. If I wasn't paying attention would have been a horrible accident. Dead guy no doubt, and not full coverage so would have been paying out of pocket for heavy repairs. Not like killing some guy wouldn't be enough... Be careful everyone. Pay attention to the road! Thank god I wasn't speeding... Pulled over at the next exit right ahead, and called the cops. Apparently several people had already done so.

:bowdown:

·
Registered
'07 C280 4matic, '06 530i, '98 ML320
1,562 Posts
partial credit goes to the driver's attentiveness and handling capability.
Some drivers panic, over steer and run into guard rail/divider.

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I lucked out there wasn't a car beside me. Attentiveness to the road is of most importance in these situations. Car in next lane over only option full force brake to zero, and luck out not hitting him. Don't think it would have been possible to brake to a stop in this situation. Slam into the car beside me... That would have left me with one option. Veer off to the shoulder as I did, and would have certainly done. He would have ran same directly, and that would be that...

·
Registered
2002 C230 Sport Coup and 2006 ML350
1,127 Posts
I was driving home one time, on Graham Hill road between Santa Cruz and Felton, and this guy was passed out in the middle of the road.
OMG. I thought it was a bag of garbage or something, nearly ran over the guy,
it was just a young guy who was drunk as a skunk, and thought he'd WALK to boulder creek, like 10-15 miles. I picked him up and dropped him at a bus stop.
Saved his life for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts