Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ive recently bought a mercedes benz w202 radiator off of ebay and i intend o use it in another non car related project. i came here after searching the internet and trial and error by myself but what are the inlets and outlets of this radiator? ive got a basic idea of what they are but this is going to be used in a PC so i need it to be right before i hook it all up. can anyone offer some help with my problem?

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
W202 class models use several different engines.

If it was from a late C280 with engine M112, the coolant circuit is as shown in the drawing below. (Same engine is also used in some W208 & W209 models)

How does that work on a PC?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
The important thing to remember is that the coolant is going to leave the radiator at the low point, and enter the radiator at the high point. A couple reasons for this is that the cooler water is going to settle at the bottom, and hotter will be at the top, so it is preferable to draw the cooler water from the bottom. The second and more important reason is that if there is any air in the system, it also is going to eventually make it to the top of the radiator, whereas if coolant is drawn from the bottom, you will suck in antifreeze only which of course is better.

If you keep this in mind, you should be able to figure out the hookups on your own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts