Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E320
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

When I purchased my 2000 E320 (used) I didn't realize that it came with a roll of tools until today. This is what I have: 2 small wrenches, 1 plier, 1 screw driver, 1 wheel wrench, and the tool to open the sunroof. Did my car include all the original tools? Just wanna know if my car is lacking tools. It would be great if anyone can give me a run down of the original tools that came with your car. Thanks.

·
Registered
1997 E420 Sport
262 Posts
There is also a tool for helping to put the tire in place when you´re changing it. It is like a long (4-5in) screw with threads only in the tip. Not neccesary, but useful.
And the spark plug tool.

·
Registered
1999 E320 Wagon
367 Posts
You are missing a small plastic fuse puller.

·
Registered
2000 E320
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, really appreciate all your info. Just one question how does that long tool with the treads at the end work?

·
Registered
1997 E420 Sport
262 Posts
When you are going to reinstall the wheel, screw the tool in one of the bolt sockets, then "hang" the wheel on the tool. That will help to keep the wheel in place while you tread 4 of the bolts, without having to hold the weigth of the tire wiht your hands. Then remove the tool and replace with the 5th bolt. Tighten in a "star" pattern.
Hope I made myself clear. English is not my native language. [;)]

·
Registered
2000 E320
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well said Rafael, I understood clearly. Thank you so much. I've always wondered what that tool was for.

·
Registered
2008 S550 4matic
50 Posts
I just bought a 2001 E320 4matic and the dealer didn't show me squat baout the car when I wnet to pick it up. I'm still exploring the car - didn't kow there was a tool set - can you tell me where it is??

Thanks,

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
On my 01 E320 (brand new) the fuse puller was not there, and the spare was a steel wheel requiring another set of bolts, was there, a eye that threads into a hole under a bumper flap, for towing was there including the other stuff.
I did locate another aluminum wheel ($100 brand new take off), and got rid of the steel one and the shorter bolts.
I was in Europe and the new E Classe does not come with a spare, just a can of stuff,jack, and tools. They get additional storage in the well.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Duffy1 - 5/22/2005 1:21 PM

I just bought a 2001 E320 4matic and the dealer didn't show me squat baout the car when I wnet to pick it up. I'm still exploring the car - didn't kow there was a tool set - can you tell me where it is??

Thanks,
Hi, Duffy. It should be in a roll-up pouch under the cover in the trunk, in the spare tire well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts