Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new obsessor of mercedes benz. I have been planning the purchase of a late model 240d for just less than a year now and finally have some money saved. I just returned from a failed trip to Miami from atlanta in hopes to pickup a great benz for a great deal. Oh well. I am not giving up. This site looks incredible and maybe you all could offer some advise on finding what I am looking for, what to expect, what to look at when trying to buy one, etc.
All help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1983 300sd turbo/bio
26 Posts
My first advise would be to my a 240d with a standard tranmission,if not look for a 123 body turbodiesel. I love all the diesels,but a non turbo or a 240d with an automatic is not my favorite. The extra time looking for either of these will be rewarded.The 240d's are a joy to drive with a standard and Turbodiesels just rule.....mush better power drive

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
Welcome to the forum, good luck on your hunt.

Main things to look for: Runs, Drives, maintanance records, A/C works, Minor things can be wrong. If it looks like an expensive fix, ask around here, to see if it is or isn't.

Find you body type forum. They would know your car the best... Tho most everybody lounges around the general forum also.

I'm presently looking at a 240D here, trying to see if it's avalable.. Cute car too...

Again, Good Luck [:D]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts