Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
190Evoluzione said:
hello,

does anybody out there know the name of the Font MB use in their
corporate logo, shown below?

thanks
It is probably a customized, proprietary, font that they own... It is a serif font similar to dozens of others, but I'll bet it is a custom.

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
breakaway16 said:
times new roman is preaty dam close, i dont think it can get much closer, if its just not exactly what they used. judge for yourself.
Close but no cigar. I'm sure that is not TNR. First, that font was invented by Microsoft w/in the past 10-20 years and MB has been using that font for about 50 years, I believe. Second, logo developers can spend years and $millions kerning fonts and developing logos like that. IMO

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
Jayhawk said:
Close but no cigar. I'm sure that is not TNR. First, that font was invented by Microsoft w/in the past 10-20 years and MB has been using that font for about 50 years, I believe. Second, logo developers can spend years and $millions kerning fonts and developing logos like that. IMO

There is a website called FontFinder or something like that, people look at it and then post the name.

It would help if you had the entire adobe font library in order to do the comparison.

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
miroj said:
There is a website called FontFinder or something like that, people look at it and then post the name.

It would help if you had the entire adobe font library in order to do the comparison.
True, but even that I believe would not begin to represent all the font sets out there. Microsoft designed an entire font family called True Type, ITC offers a large and incredibly versatile typeface family, then there's PostScript and OpenType font products, and the list goes on. On top of that there are probably thousands of "private" font creators w/ smaller families. The New Times Roman is a True Type font--one of the most common--and I think unlikely to be the MB logo font; but I would be interested in hearing from others, more knowledgeable than I.

·
Registered
E500Es
29,576 Posts

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
When Adobe embarked on OpenType they made an agreement with all of the other major type foundries. In essence the Open Type library is the complete commercial set from the big 5.

- Adobe
- Linotype
- ITC
- Bitstream
- Agfa

nearly 2,000 faces.

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
miroj said:
When Adobe embarked on OpenType they made an agreement with all of the other major type foundries. In essence the Open Type library is the complete commercial set from the big 5.

- Adobe
- Linotype
- ITC
- Bitstream
- Agfa

nearly 2,000 faces.
Interesting... Would Corporate A Light be among them?

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
Jayhawk said:
Interesting... Would Corporate A Light be among them?
Not in the 2004 set I am using. As the set tends to grow each year I wouldnt be surprised.

It is however a font which belongs to one foundry and thus far I have not seen that collection in Adobe.

I notice that they have in fact done the opposite. UWC have perfected and resold Adobe fonts.

·
Registered
2001 CLK55
7 Posts
Mercedes Font

So did anyone find the font in a collection anywhere that you are to share - I do not feel like paying $50 for one font but if it was in a large collection of fonts somewhere, I would consider it. OR if someone has it and cares to share the Corporate font with me, I sure would like to have it. I am wanting to make some custom floot mats and want to embroider them with the mercedes font if possible, THANKS!!!

·
Registered
1981 300D
646 Posts
mcbear said:
MB uses Corporate A Light as their primary Logo font. That is the one on your sample and on the brochures. The least expensive place to order it is on the link below. Type in Mercedes Benz in the "Change Sample Text" and you can verify.

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/urw/corporate-a/

Or go to the source of the font in Germany.

http://www.urwpp.de/english/home.html
Whats the font they always use for "Mercedes Benz" though. Because that is a seriff font, and Corporate A Light isnt.

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.