Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought some of you San Diego area people might be interested in the conversation I had with Tom Fox, the new service manager. As you may have heard in my earlier posts I have been very unsatisfied with MBofSD. In my conversation with Tom he admitted that he's heard tons of complaints since he's taken over and that there's really nothing he can do to make the service any better other than bulldozing the place and building an entirely new and much larger facility. he said his people are overworked and can't possibly get to all the cars in a timely manner because of this. there's no room to expand to take in and complete cars more quickly. It sounds like the entire staff is very stressed, and therefore rude to their customers. He was incredibly frank and honest and admitted he'd heard many stories similar to mine. He said he didn't blame me for going elsewhere, and even admitted he wasn't surprised that Mossey Nissan gave us better service, he worked for a Nissan dealer for 25 years.<br>
<br>
The bottom line is, don't buy from them if they can't provide quality service. I really appreciated Tom's openness, but knowing they're completely overworked and frazzled doesn't make me want to buy another car from them. I'll let you know how things go with MB of Escondido. The one saving grace for us is that we're totally satisfied with our C, we love the car, and it's been basically trouble free so I don't imagine we'll need to get service but once or twice a year. Escondido's not that far, and they have only Mercedes loaners. Take it easy!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
MBZ San Diego is truly the pits! The service department cannot turn out work on time or correctly and the service writers are rude. Try Hoehn-a bit of drive to Carlsbad, but a first class outfit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts