Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friggen dealer, Mercedes Benz of San Diego absolutely sucks!!! My C had been in for three days this week to have the tele-aid remote unlock feature installed. I don't have the new wiring harness, they let my car set around for three days and kept forgetting to install it. It was a 'Computer error'<br>
Everytime I've taken the car in the place I've had problems with them. Let's see, first time the trunk wouldn't open on our 2 week old car, they said we had turned the key to the lock position and there never was anything wrong with the trunk. 'There is no issue with the C Class trunk' Liars!! I had tried everything to open the trunk for over a week, and when I got the car home and under some good light I could clearly see where they had taped off the trunk around the lock area so that they could break into it!!!<br>
Next visit, I bring my car in at 3k miles for a swap to Mobil 1 synthetic. SA tried to tell me that I was hurting the car by doing this service early. I told him that I wanted the break-in oil out of it. He asked me why I thought I knew more about what the car needed than the Mercedes engineers? Can you believe that one? Oh yes, a few weeks later I was in contact with some one else via another MB website who had had their oil changed at the same dealer and had been charged $40 less than I had. And he hadn't even bought his car at MBofSD like I had. Another 'computer mistake' I was told!<br>
Next time in for an ESP malfunction warning light, it took them an hour to find our car after telling us it was ready. Each time we've been to the dealer we've been treated poorly. We get better, quicker and more professionally, treated at the Nissan dealer where our crewcab gets serviced. We will never set foot in MBofSD again. I can't wait to get the 1 year questionaire I've heard buyers get. The car turned 1 this past weekend. Thanks for letting me vent, we still love our car but I really doubt we'll ever buy another Mercedes due to the service experiences we've had.<br>
<p>cx262852-b.alpn1.sdca.home.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry to hear that Bill...my service there has been much better. btw, do you live/work in the d.t. S.D./ POINT LOMA area? I noticed your msg came from there; around Broadway & 6th?<br> <p>cx2030805-a.fed1.sdca.home.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey pope

I hope my post wasn't too negative, I just needed to vent, although we are completely through with MBofSD. We're going to try Mercedes Benz of Escondido next time, it's farther but closer than Carlsbad. Have you heard anything about MB of Escondido? If we can't find better service this will be our first and last Mercedes. It's really quite sad, we absolutely love the car and are more than satisfied with it, but everytime we need service of any type it's a negative experience. It's really pitiful that Mossy Nissan treats us better. Oh, we live up in the Alpine area, what about our IP made you think DT or Pt Loma? Take it easy! Bill<p>cx262852-b.alpn1.sdca.home.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bill, sorry to hear....

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with them. I asked around about dealers in the San Diego area before placing a C32 deposit. I've heard many bad things about MB of Escondido and San Diego. Hoehn came up over and over as the best one, so I decided to go with them. I live in Poway. Yes its far from me, but I figured its worth it. <br> <br> I haven't taken delivery yet, but so far they've exceeded my expectations on all accounts. Especaially after coming from some BMW dealers.<br> <br> I encourage you to give them bad scores on the questionaire. Maybe then they will improve, so I don't have to drive to Carlsbad every time I service my car. ;)<br> <br> You say you will never buy a Mercedes again? Just make sure you go to Hoehn next time.<br> <br> Cheers,<br> Justin<br> <br> <p>proxy1-external.pwy1.sdca.home.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Justin...

I have heard good things about Hoehn but it's just too far for us, 50 miles. I went by MB of Escondido today and they seemed WAY better than MBofSD. Their service department was open and seemed well staffed and very professional. At MBofSD they close at 1 on Saturdays and seemed to operate at about 1/4 staff. Also, I didn't say we'd never buy another MB, just that we wouldn't if we couldn't find a good factory service center. Escondido is doable, but Carlsbad is just too far. I'll let you know how Escondido treats us, you do the same for Hoehn.<p>spider-mtc-th033.proxy.aol.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sound good

I'll let you know. MB of Escondido is building a new service center are they not?<br> <br> Justin<p>proxy1-external.pwy1.sdca.home.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: sound good

Yes they are, the total facility absolutely blows away MBofSD. I don't plan on going for service anytime soon, unless we decide to have them attempt to get our Tele-aid remote unlock feature going. Post here how your experiences at Hoehn go. Good Luck!<p>cx262852-b.alpn1.sdca.home.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
were is Mercedes Benz of San Diego?

is that the one off of Convoy? That place seems so crammed i dun't know how they could do any type of proper service there. <p>empty.midway.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BillD...Re: MBSD

I forwarded your complaint to MB of San Diego. And they told me that they didn't get any feedback from you. If you still have a complaint have it address to Jennifer Hilderbrand, she is a Human Resource at MBSD. Her email is [email protected] she been very helpul to all my complaint.<p>pat.suhsd.k12.ca.us

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A few things...

Why did you forward my complaint? How in the world do they know if I've complained or not??? Believe me, the SAs know damned well we weren't happy. What complaints did you have with them, or do you work for MBofSD? As I said in one of the earlier posts, I'm through with them and will never patronize the place again. I'm taking my business elsewhere. I'm not interested in speaking to anyone at that dealership, I will however be notifying MBUSA of our horrible service experiences and of the disrespectful and condescending attitude that we received.<p>cx262852-b.alpn1.sdca.home.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: A few things...

Chill out Bill, I did forward it because i have the same problem as you are. I can't get the right answer to my complaint. I just show to them that us a unhappy customer can ruin their reputation thru this forum by spreading the news to everyone in the area how they do business on dealing with customer. and Bill I don't work for MBSD Ok and I'm just like you trying to enjoy life and my car.<p>AC845E1F.ipt.aol.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What do you mean chill???

Jim, I think if some unknown person on the internet forwarded a complaint of yours without your knowledge nor permission you just might be a bit suspicious yourself, just think about it. Anyways, what are your complaints with MBofSD? Their service department is absolutely horrible isn't it?! And their parking, don't even get me started! We've had our C in 4 times in the last year, and left the place shaking our heads each time, telling ourselves that we must have just caught them on a bad day etc. We had a different SA each time and each one was both disrespectful and condescending, plus the actual service was horrible. We will never go back and I can't wait to get the 1 year survey from MB, if it doesn't come soon I'll just write MBUSA a letter and cc the dealers GM. You can go ahead and forward this one too if you want!!LOL Take it easy!<p>cx262852-b.alpn1.sdca.home.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mercedes-Benz of San Diego

Bill D, as you know your complaint and a link to this site were forwarded to me. I am Jennifer Hilderbrand, Customer Relations Manager at Mercedes-Benz of San Diego. After a week of monitoring this site there is a couple of things I would like to address. First, I understand your frustration, it is not acceptable for any employee to be rude or condescending to a customer. MBSD has a long-standing record here in San Diego, we have been in business for 35 years providing sales and service operations to our customers. We realize we have outgrown our current facility and are finalizing plans for a new state of the art facility at our current location.<br> In the meantime we are striving to be the best we can be. Early in November we brought a new service manager on board. Tom Fox understands “Customer Service� principles and I know that over time the “Culture� of our service organization will reflect that attitude. We are constantly upgrading and looking for ways of improvement. As the Customer Relations Manager I search for feedback, positive or negative, because without it there is no improvement. I can appreciate a forum such as this one, because it provides an opportunity to make a difference. I am sorry that you have had to go to this forum to express your dissatisfaction with MBSD. I can’t change what has happened in the past, but please don’t think that we don’t care, that’s just not the case. In the future should you decide to give us another opportunity to earn your business please tell me how I can help you, and like most of our customers here will agree, it will make the difference.<br> Thank you for your time, I look forward to assisting you in the future. <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Poor Mercedes Benz of San Diego service

I appreciate the response, but it is way too little too late. Due to the fact that every experience I had with your service department in the past year has been horribly disappointing we will be patronizing and recommending MB dealers other than Mercedes Benz of San Diego. JimB seems to feel the same way about your service department but for some reason is afraid to give any details. I have heard similar complaints from others as well. <br> <br> Your new service manager has a lot of work to do to bring in this new 'Culture' I still find it incredibly galling that I was charged twice as much as a friend of mine, who also has a new C Class but purchased at Hoehn, for a oil change to Mobil 1 at 3k miles. And not only that but the SA said, ' I don't why you think you know more about the car than the MB engineers who designed it.' If that's not rude and condescending I don't know what is! That was our second of four lame experiences. I'd be happy to give more details on that and other visits to your service area, but you probably wouldn't like the details posted here, LOL!! Oh I will mention one more, on our visit earlier this month we dropped of a spotless car, and picked up a car three days later that not only wasn't completed but was absolutely filthy thank you very much! That's the second time that has happened. Goodbye

1 - 15 of 15 Posts