Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
respected,

i would like to ask you can u tell me what cradel should i use with my preinstalled phone preparation on my new ML320 with my new Nokia N73ME!

All the best!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a nokia N95, and the MB Bluetooth Kit;
The N95 only sees the MB kit as a "heatset" profile;
Call Logs, Address Book and all the features dont work with MB Kit and the Nokia N95;

Also there is connection issues, and often, the N95 and the MB Kit lock up, I have had to restart the ML320 in order to get it to see a new phone and back to a navigation screen or anything that isnt the tele in comming call screen;

The Cell phone then decides to keep rining, over and over again, and you have to hold the power button for about 3 min before it powers off, or remove the battery;

I woudl suggest that if the N73 is based on the same software as the N95, you may have simular issues;

The MB Bluetooth in my car has always beena bit buggy, with the blackberry 8800, the 8700 and a motoral L6/l7 (cant recall the exact one) and the Nokia 8101. However the N95 seems to be the worst of the bunch, and hte only one that doesnt know this is a CAR KIT profile required for connection;

Just a heads up, you may see some issues with the N73

tk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi tk,

saw your reply on the N95 and N73 and since I work for Nokia I thought it might be the right thing to help out here. The N73 and the N95 are based on different platforms. They are both S60 based phones but the N95 is a later platform (3.0) so it is not sure that the N73 would have the same issues. I would try updating the software on your N95 with the Nokia software updater (download from nokia.com) and it might just need a later software.

However overall there seems to be some bugs in the MB bluetooth kit. The problem with factory installed kits right now is that when car companies develop their cars and accessories they do it years ahead of launch. I would bet that the MB car kit was actually developed 4-5 years ago which is when BT technology was quite new.

If you don't get the factory kit then I would suggest going for a Nokia BT kit or other cell phone manufactuer kit as they are much more up to date with the latest features.

However, it is based on Bluetooth which is a standard so none of you should be having any problems so back to MB if it does not work properly.

J

·
Registered
137 Posts
Jace
Thanks for the note;
I'm awaiting for the firmware for the variant of the N95 I have, right now I'm using v10 firmware, and v11 is available, however not for my exact version of the N95

You are right that the MB Kit is buggy. I have an infiniti and the N95 works flawless with it; I have tried many phones with the MB kit, and none of they behave exactly right.

I will try the updates, then resync the phone BT and see if that helps; As I mentioned the N95 things of the MB BT as a "heatset" right now.

Thanks for the feedback;

1 - 5 of 5 Posts